The PC World Is A Cluster Duck

Pedantry: icecream is made of iced cream. :p

Sorbet is a different frozen treat made of fruit (juice) and sugar.

And sherbet is their lovechild of frozen fruits and cream.

Pedantry: icecream is made of iced cream. :p

Sorbet is a different frozen treat made of fruit (juice) and sugar.

And sherbet is their lovechild of frozen fruits and cream.

It isn't a case of seeking gratification of a favored treat... As I manufacture and sell high quality Ice Cream as a profession (one of), it was an unfortunate realization one day that dairy did not agree with me anymore... The convenience of making Ice Cream myself has turned me off seeking it elsewhere as I can factor in the costs and determine the value of what I would be purchasing.... I can always do better, substantially.

However, the alternatives that Klumpen listed would make the cost prohibitive at this current time as there is no easy way to get those ingredients at a reasonable cost in this country... for wholesale production that is.

For just myself, I might be able to get away with it... but then again, i don't care so much as to go to the effort... it's just a sweet after all.

Thankfully, I get over things quickly.

Every time I go off a food I am grateful... one less detachment to deal with.

^ perhaps we can stop derailing after I make one snarky comment towards Faeminx:

a mental condescension towards food and physical reality is quite strange (mind shunning the stomach), since mind is also matter.  pride, like gluttony, is still offspring of the flesh.

^ perhaps we can stop derailing after I make one snarky comment towards Faeminx:
a mental condescension towards food and physical reality is quite strange (mind shunning the stomach), since mind is also matter.  pride, like gluttony, is still offspring of the flesh.

Well I Am quite strange...

But don't worry... I'm also pretty condescending towards mind and thought as well. ;)

*I actually only have any respect for consciousness that is *beyond* thought*

A being that is pure mind, or should I say highly intellectual... brilliant even... I don't even regard as fully conscious.

Cleverness doesn't impress me.

However, I don't sit here going

"neener neener neener... I'm so much better then all of you lesser beings!"

There is no difference between me and anyone else.

All the worst that humanity is capable of, it lives in me and I own it.

But I do not glory in my humaness... there is nothing to be proud of here.

I Am that I Am.

And as I Am also a human being, I'm not going to avoid pointing out how my human perspectives react to human nature and corporeality.

You see, my higher consciousness state has love and compassion for this human experience.

This human hated this place and everything about it... but in his yearning for Truth, he came to know me... and has come to trust me absolutely....

So I may speak through him sometimes, and often I am just a silent companion while he throws his toys or gets stuck in some physical issue...

But I Am always here, always supporting, never judging the experience, infinitely patient...

I can see how other human beings would be confused by him... he has an ego, a personality... but he wishes not to be anything... to cease and be nothing but a vessel to that I Am... asking nothing for himself.

I don't know how eating starch laced with lab-engineered supplements is even an argument here.

The diet if you go full on Soylent will cause you to lose weight. You have to eat above the recommended amount or eat something to go with it. I want to lose weight sort of though not a priority. My body fat is 35%.

And this maybe a placebo effect but some claim it helps with depression too from what I seen on the Soylent reddit.

The diet if you go full on Soylent will cause you to lose weight. You have to eat above the recommended amount or eat something to go with it. I want to lose weight sort of though not a priority. My body fat is 35%.

And this maybe a placebo effect but some claim it helps with depression too from what I seen on the Soylent reddit.

Everything that makes you feel better about yourself helps with depression, this is seldomly a chemical trait.

derailment: regarding the food stuff... no matter what your choice is, vegan, vegetarian or carnivore but I believe that eating and cooking are very important social rituals. I would never miss out on cooking together with my girlfriend and eating a good meal aswell as drinking a good wine or whatever. Eating with my family back when I was young was where we were having the most important and intimate conversations. I believe firmly, that this is a crucial family concept and am maybe a little conservative this way. I respect, that some people have certain aversions or dietary conditions etc but I think one should strive to find pleasure in eating and cooking, especially with and for other people. Supplements for whatever reason are another deal if you do sports or have a condition. Anyway, very personal stuff. I won't even go into cannibalism, but our bodies reject human flesh as has been stated before. Let's start by becoming organ donors, shall we?

on topic: I can totally understand your frustration dude. I am sick of this crap. I am so glad about the pandora and pyra, very much because of the community and support. I wish there was a small pc company like this. Apple doesn't do it for me. I liked the wozniak way. There are some companies that build customized laptops but I haven't heard of anything big community wise.

I believe that eating and cooking are very important social rituals. I would never miss out on cooking together with my girlfriend and eating a good meal aswell as drinking a good wine or whatever. Eating with my family back when I was young was where we were having the most important and intimate conversations. I believe firmly, that this is a crucial family concept and am maybe a little conservative this way. I respect, that some people have certain aversions or dietary conditions etc but I think one should strive to find pleasure in eating and cooking, especially with and for other people.

Do you go through these social rituals three times a day, every day? That would be highly unusual. Quite a few people are both single and living alone, so eating has no social aspect at home.

Besides, in my experience, having more than one, or perhaps two, people in the kitchen while cooking is highly dangerous, so I do not undestand cooking to be highly social, either. Why not just get a delivery?

From what you say, given that most meals (or perhaps this applies not to you) are not in any way social, there is no problem with tablet-meals and the like.

Do you go through these social rituals three times a day, every day? That would be highly unusual. Quite a few people are both single and living alone, so eating has no social aspect at home.

Yes that is true, I was missing that point. Still I think it is important even for single people to know how to cook and how to take care of someone by making something delicious for them. Emphasis on "making" and "for someone else". This is a social skill that many people seem to lose today. I am not eating three meals a day, rather two. But still I am trying to spend these together with my girlfriend and/or people that we invite to cook for.

Cooking together is not "highly" dangerous. Where have you heard that? One person is cutting vegetables at the table while the other one works with the stove. Why is something that used to be a normal thing for hundreds of years highly dangerous? Are people suddenly too stupid to cook without protective eye wear?

Oh and I also believe, that it is important to cook if you are living alone as well. It's just good to sometimes take the time to appreciate yourself. Make something good for yourself, do something to cheer up your day! It's just a nice touch. Doesn't mean you have to do this every day... take out/delivery might be more convenient, but at least in Germany it is a lot more expensive than homecooked. And since everybody seems to be on a health trip nowadays and on this forum: guess what's healthier... nutrient paste/pills/powders, take out or a nicely done fresh salad with some chicken/tofu on the side, cooked in like 10 minutes by yourself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back