The Pandora: An Essential Ras-Pi Tool!

directive0

Very Active Member
Okay so the past few weeks I've fallen COMPLETELY down the rabbit hole learning about different single board computers. From the Chip, to the Raspi and hopefully soon the banana and orange variety. Maybe a beagle board in the future?

Either way I know that no matter what I get I will have one tool at the ready: My Pandora. The original and best tiny ARM linux computer IMO. At first I was using my desktop for everything but now I know the pandy is THE TOOL.

With dual SD slots it makes imaging system SD cards for an RPI dead simple. I can clone, overwrite, adapt, edit config files. The included keyboard makes any text work a breeze, much nicer than the PocketChip for this purpose (though the PocketChip has exposed GPIO which is very handy for other reasons). I can use the pocketable pandora to SSH into existing installations and make changes, even on the go (if the pi is externally accessible). With USB host enabled I can even power the pi to quickly test installations.

As we speak I'm copying my ROMs onto my Retropie install and organizing the general file tree. It's great! This little pandy keeps finding ways to be useful, while my smartphone becomes less and less functional with every update.

Back