The Official Gp2x Startup Sound Topic

nemt posted on Oct 10 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
Any chance someone could make a "Would..you...like...to...play...a...game?" sound from WarGames?

Here you go: http://www.box.net/public/adtea3ag51 :)

I'm using this boot sound myself btw: http://www.box.net/public/qmorokz5ak
Can anyone guess where it's from? :p
(Hint: "Who's the master?" "Shonuff!" :lol: )

Edit: Could someone plz put up the original Gp2x boot sound somewhere? I forgot to save a backup....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey could someone make a boot up sound from Nightmare Before Christmas saying "This is Halloween"?

Just made a 'Welcome to the Fantasy Zone. Get Ready!' startup sound from Space Harrier. Will be testing and uploading soon.

Well, I'd like to share it with you all, but something's wrong with the archive, I'm trying to add the file, but it says that I did not specify a license, when there is no bubble to select what license. How is it that pretty much any time I want to do something on that archive something's eff'd up?

Well, I'd like to share it with you all, but something's wrong with the archive, I'm trying to add the file, but it says that I did not specify a license, when there is no bubble to select what license. How is it that pretty much any time I want to do something on that archive something's eff'd up?
I had the same problem when trying to upload to the archive from gp32x.de. I solved it by going to http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi to upload it directly to the archive. No more questions about a license.

virusx posted on May 10 2006 at 09:58 AM said:
I've made 4 Speak and spell boot sounds.
[Gp2X]........... "Gee.Pee.Two.Ex"
[Gp2X_machine]... "Gee.Pee.Two.Ex.Machine"
[Gp2x_Ready]..... "Gee.Pee.Two.Ex.Ready"
[Welcome2Gp2X]... "Welcome.To.Gee.Pee.Two.Ex"

Here on The Archive

It's aliiive !

I currenlty have "Gee.Pee.Two.Ex.Ready" as my startup sound :D

Don't know if this is doable it might be too long, but can anybody do a startup sound for the GP2X using Nintendos NES slogan: "NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER!"

I'll try to see if I can find it online so somebody can make it into a startup sound.

I would love it if somebody could do this :)

Well, now I can't login to the archive... This hasn't been the first time this has happened there. Someone should do some harcore fixing, even if the archive has to be down for a while. It's rediculous.

SiDCrAzY posted on Dec 6 2006 at 08:28 AM said:

Here on The Archive

It's aliiive !

Don't know if this is doable it might be too long, but can anybody do a startup sound for the GP2X using Nintendos NES slogan: "NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER!"

I'll try to see if I can find it online so somebody can make it into a startup sound.

You mean something like this?

http://media.putfile.com/GP2X-Startup

^May need to play it once or twice, sounds choppy the first time it plays because it's loading^

I must be dumb, cause I can't get any sounds I make working. I am using Windows sound recorder, settings are PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 bit stereo. The length is less than or equal to 2.7 seconds. I can get other sounds I've downloaded from the archive working, but none I make. It is possible with Sound Recorder, or should I use another program?

If you were trying to get that nintendo thing I uploaded, I'll put it on a better source.

DaGrooved1 posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:33 PM said:
SiDCrAzY posted on Dec 6 2006 at 08:28 AM said:

Here on The Archive

It's aliiive !

You mean something like this?

http://media.putfile.com/GP2X-Startup

^May need to play it once or twice, sounds choppy the first time it plays because it's loading^

I barely noticed this right now, sorry for the late response.

Yeah thats somewhat like what I was looking for, close enough though. Still searching for the site I had heard it from originally though it sounded great.

Thanks for the link though :)

Back