The New Ultimative Smaltalk Threadt (lots of Off Topic)

Maybe I should look at, um, Chinese(?).
\
Cantonese? Mandarin? Or a dialect of those?

Toki Pona
oompaloompa.jpg

My rendition of the oompa loompa song in Toki Pona... and "Pyra in 2 months"!

and think that the Dutch speak German ('Deutsch').
We do! Dutch resembles much more the old Germanic language than German. It is because Germany was invaded by Bavarians? (not sure, but it was from the south) that changed the inflection of many words. Making Frisian the most Germanic language to date, and Dutch a second (phonetically, that is). Can't find my source, but I can search for it. meanwhile:

My rendition of the oompa loompa song in Toki Pona... and "Pyra in 2 months"!
Fire container...works for me :)

We do! Dutch resembles much more the old Germanic language than German.
Sure, germanic but not modern German. Aside from the fact that many of us actually can speak it.

\
Cantonese? Mandarin? Or a dialect of those?
Not sure. Most of the books I would want to read have probably been translated, so I guess it would be whatever I need to discuss certain concepts.

What would really help me is getting better at Latin/Roman and working on more than just a few words and names in archaic and ancient Greek. And Spanish.

That wasn't one of the ones I had in mind, although I have a (physical) copy of that one, too, so why not.

Quick question to anyone who has submitted a ticket before on the dragon box shop, how long on average does it take to get a reply?
I don’t want to be rude and send multiple request or pester ED so is it normal for it to take 3-4 days?

Also is anyone interested language and or in conlanging (I'm asking due to all of the language talk)?
I personally have wanted to try learning Toki-pona and maybe dabble in making something for myself as a project, but haven’t had the chance to do start or know where to start.

Last edited:
I think the only ticket I've submitted took a couple of months to get a reply. I can't remember what ED was doing at the time, so can't say if he was likely to be more or less busy at that time (plus we never know how busy he is due to his video editing work). Plus mine wasn't an especially urgent request, so he may well have prioritised replying to more urgent missives first.

yes, i've been trying to get a response out of ED for a little while now on a certain investment opportunity brought forward by some Nigerian princes.

just kidding on the Nigerian princes part. but he must be quite backlogged on e-mails...

Makes sense, ED is quite the busy guy and I don't want to pester him, but is wanting to change my order of a 4GB 'Standard edition' To a 4GB 'Mobile edition' urgent? or is that something I should not worry about?
The main reason i'm worried is that due to this being a preorder, I don't want to change my order too late in where an extra 'Standard edition' is already made and ED ends up loosing money on an unesseary board:( or I end up paying extra!
[doublepost=1517120900,1517120755][/doublepost]I might be overthinking this.

Last edited:
Whereas I'll say if you're not doing proper indentation to make my life bearable you absolutely need to be putting those brackets on their own line so I can see 'em.

[/rant]

Whereas I'll say if you're not doing proper indentation to make my life bearable you absolutely need to be putting those brackets on their own line so I can see 'em.

[/rant]
I thought you ware a Python programmer? The Python devs have their heads screwed on when it comes to whitespace policy, none of the needless curly brackets taking up vertical space. They really thought it through.

Back