The New Forum Look

Yea or Nay?

• Yea.

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • Nay.

Votes: 54 47.0%

• Total voters

I personally think it looks horrible and none of the new features it offers seem to be needed. The pastel shades make it look like like it's been exposed to too much sunlight for a long period of time.

I like to try and give balanced points of view (kind of like an inverted compliment sandwich) but I really can't think of any plus points!

Squidge said:
relax, there will be skins along shortly, then you'll be able to choose your favourite.
Hopefully there's gonna be one optimized for 800x480 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All the forums I frequent have a todays posts or latest posts. This now has view new content. I cant see who created a thread from this view nor can I jump to the last page in the thread with one click. Or I dont know how to see it... Big thumbs down from me.

new one looks cool and stuff but it's NOT usable AT ALL!!! I want back my old template!

Could stand to be a little less corporate-looking, but I'm getting along with it OK, personally. It's just nice to have the damn things working. :p

I really hate the new look and feel. I'm finding the layout ugly and inefficient, things are much slower than they were before, and some things are missing or broken. "Display new content" is still showing everything ever posted and I can't find a "mark all as read" link. And it really sucks that this all just happened without warning, the old adage "if it ain't broke" seems to apply well here.

I don't want to abandon the boards over this but I'm really struggling to come here now. This is 10 times worse for me than the the quoting/URL bugs were.

Exophase said:
"Display new content" is still showing everything ever posted and I can't find a "mark all as read" link.

To mark the entire board as read, go to the first page and then "Mark Board as Read" is at the very bottom of the page, in the footer.

bennyboy said:
Exophase said:
"Display new content" is still showing everything ever posted and I can't find a "mark all as read" link.

To mark the entire board as read, go to the first page and then "Mark Board as Read" is at the very bottom of the page, in the footer.

Yeah, I found it after posting, thanks though.

And it might just be my imagination, but I could swear some forums aren't showing new posts in that list.

quartercast said:
What's with the stupid "reputation" feature?
it's a system where people can judge you based on their irrational opinions instead of making a point with a well constructed argument.

Exophase said:
I really hate the new look and feel. I'm finding the layout ugly and inefficient, things are much slower than they were before, and some things are missing or broken. "Display new content" is still showing everything ever posted and I can't find a "mark all as read" link. And it really sucks that this all just happened without warning, the old adage "if it ain't broke" seems to apply well here.

I don't want to abandon the boards over this but I'm really struggling to come here now. This is 10 times worse for me than the the quoting/URL bugs were.
Heh, I found the opposite. The new layout looks great, but I worry about how well it'll scale for the Pandora.

Everything is way faster for me now. Before pages took a long time to load, but now they pop right up. I'm also quite happy that the quote buttons actually work now. Before they didn't do anything if opened in a new window.

1. Yea. (36 votes [50.00%])
  2. Nay. (36 votes [50.00%])
  3. :eek:
  4. erm, why are there those numbers and why can´t i delete them? I can count on my own. :lol:

Exophase said:

1. Scroll down
  2. Click Mark Board As Read
  3. Profit.
With that being said the new content link seems to be missing news stuff for me. For instance, this thread doesn't seem to appear in regardless if there are any new replies... :-||

Xian Long said:
quartercast said:
What's with the stupid "reputation" feature?
it's a system where people can judge you based on their irrational opinions instead of making a point with a well constructed argument.

People are just voting for or against posts they agree/disagree with, regardless of how well points are being argued.

From my point of view, that has nothing to do with so-called "Reputation".

And now some people are voting specific users' posts down just for the heck of it.

I like the theme, though I find it a tad cliché in some areas, like the tabs up top.

Concerning the post rating feature, I say give it a shot, and if makes trouble then remove it. It appears to be fairly non-consequential to me.

The actual layout doesn't really bother me, but I come on here on my Nokia N810 a lot, and it's VERY sluggish now.

Personally, I've been voting people up or down based on if the post makes its point in an intelligent manner, not whether I agree with it or not. I do agree it can be misused, but let's just see how it goes.

Back