Final Fantasy VII NES patch finished :D

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just some quick news (not really Pandora related, but didn't know where to put it):

A project I've been following a long time, the Final Fantasy VII NES Patch, has been finished!

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12466.0.html

It's a patch for the chinese pirate rom of FF7 NES - and it fixes all it's flaws, has completely new maps, music, sprites and has the FULL FF7 game included as NES version.

Runs fine on the Pandora and is a really awesome project :D

It's not a romhack, it was an unautorized game made by a company in shenzen some year ago, this news concern the patch that translate it, correct LOTS of bug and improve greatly the graphics it.

the base really was a FF VII game...

It's not a romhack, it was an unautorized game made by a company in shenzen some year ago, this news concern the patch that translate it, correct LOTS of bug and improve greatly the graphics it.

the base really was a FF VII game...
Well, not just that. There have been A LOT more changes, the base system has changed, full materia system has been included, all cut scenes from the original game and new maps based on the original as well (including the full world map).

It's quite an advanced hack of the unauthorized game.

patched final fantasy vii ips over the rom, and then the advance shildren ips,

seems like its needs a lot of time to fire up..

maybe, i have to test it a bit..

But if it not work, i have the original final fantasy vii from my psx cdroms..

This is super cool! I never heard of this pirate game in the first place. This is going on my rom list! Haven't installed any emulators on the pandora so far, looks like nes is going to be the first one!

You don't need to patch it. You can place the rom and ips in the same directory and load the ips from fceu.

i.e.

FF7.nes

FF7.AdventChildren.ips
Strange, I tried that, I also tried with FF7.nes and FF7.ips.

every try result in a message like "didn't find a game/movie for the ips" or something like that... the rom has the correct CRC...

patched final fantasy vii ips over the rom, and then the advance shildren ips,

seems like its needs a lot of time to fire up..

maybe, i have to test it a bit..

But if it not work, i have the original final fantasy vii from my psx cdroms..
I think they only put the original translation patch for reference, it should not be applied before adding the second patch...

Back