The Most Horrible Games Of All Time!

I am so glad I missed the whole tape days...

Actually I have used my friends Amstrad with tape drive when I was like 6, but we enjoyed breaking the tapes more.

Well, Altered Beast sucked a bit. And the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers game. But apart from my darker Megadrive games, I never really play crap games now. Always research everything beforehand :)

papapopalung posted on Jul 4 2004 at 08:57 PM said:
yeah sonic for snes is homebrew. and pretty shit :/

my vote goes for 'predator' on the amstrad cpc. played through the first level and had to load in level 2 from tape with one life left... died 3 seconds after it loaded, THEN IT WANTED ME TO REWIND THE TAPE TO THE BEGINNING AND LOAD THE WHOLE LOT IN AGAIN! :angry: :blink: :(

eject tape - never again would it soil my lovely CPC...
Street fighter 2 on the Spectrum 128k was bloody awful in that respect.
It came on a 60 minute tape, Side one had the fighters and side two had the levels/backgrounds. Put the tape in and load side one, Once it had loaded, You chose your fighter, Then you turn the tape over and load the chosen level/background. Finally into the game, You kick a ton of crap outta you opponent (or have it done to you) for 3 minutes. Then you turn the tape over and load side one again. Repeat until bored. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper posted on Jul 5 2004 at 01:59 AM said:
papapopalung posted on Jul 4 2004 at 08:57 PM said:
yeah sonic for snes is homebrew.  and pretty shit :/

my vote goes for 'predator' on the amstrad cpc.  played through the first level and had to load in level 2 from tape with one life left...  died 3 seconds after it loaded, THEN IT WANTED ME TO REWIND THE TAPE TO THE BEGINNING AND LOAD THE WHOLE LOT IN AGAIN!  :angry:  :blink:  :(

eject tape - never again would it soil my lovely CPC...
Street fighter 2 on the Spectrum 128k was bloody awful in that respect.
It came on a 60 minute tape, Side one had the fighters and side two had the levels/backgrounds. Put the tape in and load side one, Once it had loaded, You chose your fighter, Then you turn the tape over and load the chosen level/background. Finally into the game, You kick a ton of crap outta you opponent (or have it done to you) for 3 minutes. Then you turn the tape over and load side one again. Repeat until bored. ;)

Trooper
which took how long? :D ;)

finty101 posted on Jul 4 2004 at 08:18 PM said:
I am so glad I missed the whole tape days...

Actually I have used my friends Amstrad with tape drive when I was like 6, but we enjoyed breaking the tapes more.
TAKE IT BACK
TAKE IT BACK

worst game ever = Pokemon Box (not really a game tho)

Almost anything published by Zeppelin games on the amiga.

We used to look forward to downloading their games from BBS's just to laugh at how bad they were, Edd the duck was a classic.

I think if you sent them anything homebrew they would publish it @ £7.99

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Thanks for reminding me, craigix : almost anything by 3DO.

Army Men, Army Men 2, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, Army Men: Air Assault, Army Men: Play With Actual Plastic Soldiers For Chrissakes, Army Men: I'd Rather Have A Flatulent Dawn French Sit On My Face Than Play This Pile Of Shit.

imhotep by ultimate for the c64 - they started of so well with Staff of Karnath and Entombed but just got worse and worse. Imhotep was the worst though spent £10 on that pile of cr*p, screen after screen of shooting people on flying carpets. Did it ever finish - I remember playing it one night for ages hoping something else would happen but it never did!

Heres the most controversial one:

The WHOLE Grand Theft Auto Series.

Not because of violence, but just because I think its bad. I bought GTA1 and 2 which I atleast could live with. I bought 3 because I liked it at a friends house and I brought it home and thought it sucked(don't know why). My brother bought Vice City with GTA3 in the double pack. So I really have 2 GTA3s, and I think the whole series sucks. Who knows why?

Twimfy posted on Jul 6 2004 at 12:15 AM said:
The South Park FPS for PC and N64...my god was that game bad.
Dont forget the PSone version, eww...

CrazyDesi posted on Jul 7 2004 at 04:59 AM said:

Not because of violence, but just because I think its bad. I bought GTA1 and 2 which I atleast could live with. I bought 3 because I liked it at a friends house and I brought it home and thought it sucked(don't know why). My brother bought Vice City with GTA3 in the double pack. So I really have 2 GTA3s, and I think the whole series sucks. Who knows why?
... :-||

GTA is really great imho: good gameplay, good music, good mood, ...

3, yes.

vice city, no. :) there's loads of different stuff to do ^^

Q-Wi-Q posted on Jul 7 2004 at 02:28 PM said:
CrazyDesi posted on Jul 7 2004 at 04:59 AM said:

... :-||

GTA is really great imho: good gameplay, good music, good mood, ...
I don't mind the games as much as I mind all the idiots that have never played a game before that think its the greatest game of all time and that they are the best players ever.

On top of that they put so many cheats in to win that it just gets sad after a while. Thats what I hate the most. The games also next to impossible without cheats.

Worst game ever? Ive got Stunt Race FX on the SNES, and thats a waste of a cart if ever there was one. I know it was revolutionary for the time, what with the "awesome" 3D graphics and all, but its sucked. Badly. On the subject of the SNES, Fever Pitch is a truly awful game that i LOVE!!! Me and mates spent days on that, laughing at how bad it was, but also loving it for being so bad. FIRE KICK!!!! You can score from anywhere in the oppositions half without aiming the shot so long as you have the right power up so to speak. Awesome.

Back