The Lottery and Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackpot is $685 million for tonight’s drawing, and once again, I got five plays. Walked nearly two miles along Highway 12 in Avon to get them too. I went to the Breeze Thru in a Sunoco gas station. You can also get lottery tickets at the Food Lion and a BP gas station here, so if you see either of those announced as the winning store in Avon, it wasn’t me.

Final jackpot estimate at time of drawing was $699 million. It all went to somebody in California. With California being the most populated state, this type of thing happens quite often. At least now I can stop buying lottery tickets for a few months.

Guys, I went out with $50 this morning. I had the intention of buying an Amazon gift card, because I don't have a debit card with which to shop on Amazon anymore, just cash. So why am I posting in this thread? I bought a $25 scratcher...

And won $50! $75 Amazon gift credit achieved. I kinda regret not going for more, but apparently I have a personal limit and it's $25. I'm just not brave enough for more.

Someone in Arizona won the Mega Millions jackpot at $108 million. That jerk. They know I don't play the big two games until they hit $400 million, and they're trying to keep me from gambling. Maybe I should lower my limit to $300 million.

When you win a little it makes you want to play more, but most likely you'll lose in the end. But then, I'm sure you knew that ;)

The Carolina Cash 5 jackpot is up to $808,000, so I went out and bought five tickets. The chance of each ticket winning the jackpot is a little better than one in a million, and they cost one dollar each, so right now they’re almost worth it. And yes, if no one hits it tonight, I’ll do the same thing tomorrow.

Whoever sells those almost million tickets and pockets those >$100,000 surely thanks you for it.

Guys, I have bad news. I booked a haircut for tomorrow. I only have enough spending money for the haircut and a decent tip though, meaning that if the Cash 5 jackpot rolls over again, I won’t be able to play for it.

I guess I’ll just have to win it all tonight.

Never mind. It's either a haircut or a different haircut. No big difference.

I blew my entire gambling budget for last week, sixteen dollars, on four scratchers on Thursday. These things have like 1 in 4 odds, and I lost all four. Now I’m kinda regretting it, as the Carolina Cash 5 is getting high again. My odds on that are one in a million though. If I can’t hit 1 in 4, what chance do I have at one in a million?

Oh well, if the Cash 5 jackpot is still high this Wednesday, I’ll probably throw $5 at it.

Something that always gets me about the Cash 5 too, is that someone from my city won it once and never even claimed it. I feel like maybe my town wasted all its luck.

I bought a $20 scratcher today and won $30. That's right, 50% profit off a 1 in 3 venture. I was thinking about buying a $30 scratcher after that, but I held up and went and got an Amazon gift card instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back