The Itsme Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with itsme's comment, but I suppose that's the nature of the internet.

Does this have to go on?

The thread should have just been closed/LOL'd/deleted and then forgotten about. Itsme isn't alone in the 'ungrateful n00b' position either. Don't forget all those jerks who started new threads asking if there was going to be a 'good PSX emulator' and the like.

I can see this thread derailing/being locked at some point in the very near future.

You know, I get a lot of shit (some deseved, admittedly) for closing topics. Now it's being suggested that I close this one ... humph.

New folks are always welcomed here, but when their first post was written in the manner in which it was, we got defensive. Remeber, all our content is graciously provided by folks who have school, work or other real-life responsibilities. When someone comes out of the blue and asks "where my NES emu? It shouldn't be hard to make..etc..." it seemed rude and disprespectful to the developers. Not the community. Dig?

What made it worse was the "I make games fo a living, so don't tell me to make my own" remark. That was arrogant, or at least seemed so to me. I don't make games for a living, or even as a hobby ... am I less of an important member? Why did he feel the need to tell us this? I don't know ...

</not closing topic>

Yes!

while I can see the "where's my nes emu" comment as being intended to be playful and/or jocular, I felt that the "i make games but dont tell me to make this" comment extremely arrogant. In any event, so long as you see what the community percieved the comment as, I think we can all move on. Just try to think about it this way: If you were the one making an snes emu, and got it up until a certain point but havent had time to finish it, and some newbie came on and said "where's my perfect snes emu? And i make games myself professionally so dont tell me to make one", wouldnt you feel a little pissed? Well, that's my point. Anyway, I think im done here :)

Wait no im not: mr jabberwocky, wtf are you talking about "hateful little vendetta" and "witch hunt". Way to dramatize things buddy. "Warped interpretation of their motives"? LOL. I didnt know you knew what he intended to say. Unless you are him, of course. In any event, you arent even seeing the other side; you're just blindly defending and siding with him. All we were really looking for was for him to explain himself and his comment the way he intended it to sound-- Which he did. Part of a good debate is looking at both sides rather than telling your opponent that he/she is wrong.

<DCGM OUT>

Was my Bannage related to this topic or the fact I called Rico a name before? I gues I struck a nerve with Rico :p At least he didnt set it till the year 2033 like last time...

GP2x = GP32 posted on May 1 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
Was my Bannage related to this topic or the fact I called Rico a name before? I gues I struck a nerve with Rico :p At least he didnt set it till the year 2033 like last time...
Evading ban = permaban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I read either Rico or TelcoLou post before they didnt mind alternate accounts as long as the people didnt then carry on doing what go them banned. Goity and Nova both did it, as have I before and well we are all still here. Means Ill have to change my custom display title though :p

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 1 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
while I can see the "where's my nes emu" comment as being intended to be playful and/or jocular, I felt that the "i make games but dont tell me to make this" comment extremely arrogant.
I guess, I have to defend myself one last time about this. I made the comment because originally I expected I would get a lot of "you make it comment" and I wanted to sorted out. Speaking of "making games for a living" part, after spending 10~12 hours a day coding dealing with bugs and nagging designers when I come home at night or in the morning, the last thing that pops up in my mind is to program even more. With E3 around the corner, it's only worse...it's been a while since I got my weekend off...anyway, it's my personal problem, but that's what I meant by it.

shit. I'm sorry if any ill will was caused by this, really.

Also, in everyone's haste to 'defend our scene', myself included, we neglected to show our support for Fishybawb and his greay FishyNES by linking to it in the archive:

FishyNES

There are a couple of others, but IMO, this one performs the best.

Again, sorry for the knee-jerk reaction :)

itsme posted on May 2 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 1 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
while I can see the "where's my nes emu" comment as being intended to be playful and/or jocular, I felt that the "i make games but dont tell me to make this" comment extremely arrogant.
I guess, I have to defend myself one last time about this. I made the comment because originally I expected I would get a lot of "you make it comment" and I wanted to sorted out. Speaking of "making games for a living" part, after spending 10~12 hours a day coding dealing with bugs and nagging designers when I come home at night or in the morning, the last thing that pops up in my mind is to program even more. With E3 around the corner, it's only worse...it's been a while since I got my weekend off...anyway, it's my personal problem, but that's what I meant by it.
Well, it's clear that you understand the trials of being a decent programmer, and how annoying nagging is to them. So how would you feel if every day you saw someone post "Hey when am I gonna get this emulator I need it give it to me now and don't tell me you can't do it.", and you felt like it was on your shoulders to try and accomplish? What if your boss came up to you every day (maybe he does) and said "You done with that game engine yet? No? Why not? What the hell am I paying you for?"

Everyone has a life outside of the internet. Just because someone has been nice enough to put time and effort into something like an emulator, even though they may enjoy it, it's still work. And everyone also needs a break. So.... give us all a break already.

iignotus posted on May 2 2006 at 07:30 PM said:
Wibble, wibble etc
Leave it alone, will ya. Even daclassicgamingmaster has come to realise that :
Part of a good debate is looking at both sides rather than telling your opponent that he/she is wrong.

Edit : Spelling

Glad the topic is sorted.

Now, where's my snes emulator?

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on May 2 2006 at 04:02 PM said:
Wibble, wibble etc
Part of a good debate is looking at both sides rather than telling your opponent that he/she is wrong.

Ah blow me. My point is solid, don't degrade it. I'm free to say what I wish.

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on May 2 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
Wibble, wibble etc

I know this but he admits he finds it annoying to have people moaning at him, a programmer, for a program. Yet he demands a emulator which we already have anyway!

Nova posted on May 2 2006 at 09:51 PM said:
Glad the topic is sorted.

Now, where's my snes emulator?
I laughed :lol:

I know this but he admits he finds it annoying to have people moaning at him, a programmer, for a program. Yet he demands a emulator which we already have anyway!
You really haven't understood any of this, have you ?

I don't believe a well moderated forum should ever have to close threads but I am beginning to think that its way past this thread's bedtime.

iignotus posted on May 2 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
Mr.Jabberwocky posted on May 2 2006 at 04:02 PM said:
Wibble, wibble etc

Ah blow me. My point is solid, don't degrade it. I'm free to say what I wish.
nicely said. in fact: pwn't.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 1 2006 at 12:57 AM said:
That's right, it was his own fault. I hope he keeps his mouth shut from now on. better yet, leave.

@DCG, are you just trying to suck Telco's willy?

@Nova 10 points for being a very great person!

@everyone else getting het up, Itsme is one of the best newish posters on these boards. I go away fro a few days and you are all giving him a kicking!!! Anyone with half a brain, and most of you do have half a brain could have seen that post was a joke, and a very good one too! But in your rush to polish your Halos you all want to be seen to be great and lay in!

@itsme, keep your excellent posts coming. I'll have the nes emu heated up and brought to your table straight away. And would you accept this 360 emu with our compliments to say sorry for all the fuss caused you?

lubidog posted on May 2 2006 at 07:23 PM said:
Anyone with half a brain, and most of you do have half a brain could have seen that post was a joke, and a very good one too!

So what you mean is that anyone who took his comments to NOT be joking have less than 1/2 a brain? How very insulting of you, especially since we seemed to have worked this out. :p

TelcoLou posted on May 2 2006 at 11:29 PM said:
Anyone with half a brain, and most of you do have half a brain could have seen that post was a joke, and a very good one too!

So what you mean is that anyone who took his comments to NOT be joking have less than 1/2 a brain? How very insulting of you, especially since we seemed to have worked this out. :p

Er, yes. Exactly. So what are you trying to say, hey? HEY??? That you have all worked out that you do have half a brain? (I meant between you all, obviously. Is that better?)

Ha, that's told you! Now close this topic before they all lay into me. Go on, Mr Mod, do your thing.

BTW, isn't it strange how TelcoLou is an anagram of 'Close Topic'...Almost.

@DCG at are you just trying to suck Telco's willy?
If you're going to be jealous Ill back off man. I dont want any problems here.

@itsme at keep your excellent posts coming. I'll have the nes emu heated up and brought to your table straight away. And would you accept this 360 emu with our compliments to say sorry for all the fuss caused you?
sigg'ed

lubidog posted on May 2 2006 at 07:39 PM said:
BTW, isn't it strange how TelcoLou is an anagram of 'Close Topic'...Almost.
Flopping around aimlessly are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back