The Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Topic

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
I've had the book about 27 hours all together and im 40 pages from the end. I haven't slept much, no, i've devoted my sleeping time to reading the book as its been the only free time. So I have actually lost the ability to type well lol. Well as well as I normally do, it's all a bit of a relative concept.

I liked the first three quarters but the end was really drawn out and boring.

Would have been better had it ended 2 chapters early.

Oh well, that's the end of the Harry Potter thing then.

sam fisher said:
The whole book went from really interesting bits to really drawn out boring bits, then back again.
A bit like the 2nd matrix film. :lol:

Anyway here's my take on the book, it was good but a bit drawn out in places.
(Lets just say that I know what Ron felt like ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
the second matrix kicked ass :eek: plus i think in an interview she did say that scar wouldnt be the last word but would be close

So why wont there be any more Harry Potter books? Make with the spoilers... I cant be arsed reading Harry Potter and I'll only watch it when its on tv and I doubt I would sit through the whole thing...

declaration said:
Where the fuck are the spoilers?!?

Who dies?
People who die:

Voldemort
Bellatrix Lestrange
Either Fred or George Weasley
Remus Lupin
Nymphadora Tonks
Mad-eye Moody
Severus Snape
Several people at Hogwarts (not named)

Several other people that i've probably forgotten about.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Next book spoilers!* Harry leaves school with no qualifications since he was always off fighting dark lords rather than being in class and becomes the leaky coldrens regular drunk. ;)

I thought the ending was pretty decent in that it was conclusive, and the irony that Dumbledore was right in saying Voldemort's downfall was his inability to understand love.

This book basically confirmed some things for me:
Harry Potter == Luke Skywalker
Albus Dumbledore == Obi Wan Kenobi
Severus Snape == Darth Vader
Voldemort == Emperor Palpatine

She seriously needs to cut down on the over the top description if she ever writes a book again - it could've been 1/3 of the size and still had exactly the same content. It's an OK story, but not even a touch of originality really, most of it has been 'borrowed' directly from other stories.

Back