The Guy That Sells Gp32 Dvds On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
EvilDragon posted on Dec 17 2004 at 11:27 AM said:
aapje89 posted on Dec 17 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
r0lf posted on Dec 17 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
I think the fact that the listing is completely in capitals is quite telling.

if anybody is desparate I'm sure we could band together and burn an ultimate GP32 dvd for someone.

just for the price of shipping and the media.

if such a DVD was required, what would we put on it (hinting for suggestions)
I would want such a dvd, IF all the authors agree on putting their stuff on it.
Maybe a some $$ for the gp32x board

That's what I'm actually planning for sometime next year... contact all the authors of the stuff in the GP32x File Archive, ask them for their permission and create a CD/DVD with all the categorized GP32 stuff on.
It won't be expensive, but every cent I get out of this will be donated to all the developers who have games on the CD.
I think I'll have the time to start that around March / April 2005.
COOL :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If something is GPL he can sell it legally as thats part of the GPL - so selling Doom and Quake is allowed and no doubt several emulators & ports too.

It does not bother me really, if he is this desprate for money let him make his few $

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Pfffff... If someone is stupid enough to pay for free software, well, then so shall be it. It´s his own problem if he lets others cheat him.

But what about creating an fake ebay account, buying every DVD he´s selling and not paying for it ? THAT really should bother him :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

Quit talking, act.

I personally do not care what some moron is doing on ebay. If you do, sue him, call the ebay-team or throw stones at him.

Why I do not care?
1. Noone will buy that (there are about 20 people with a GP32 browsing ebay on an unregular basis)
2. 10L (Sorry, I don't have a pound key...) is not a lot and could be justified by the price of the DVD-R and the internet-costs (+power +work +ebaycosts) for downloading everything.
3. He's selling old software, that no site is hosting anymore. At least he sais that. So you've got a point there.

Please do not quote from this text or reply to it as I won't look at this topic again. Seers.

I think its a quality idea!! The fact that he is charging for it sucks but it would be nice to have complete rom sets along with all the emulators and homebrew in one instantely accessable disk...anyone up for making an image and releasing it as a torrent?

Paul

Hey, EvilDragon (you don't LOOK evil, btw), how much stuff is there in Gp32x.de? In GB's?

Hmmm, 1.175 GB's? Heh, that fits to two CD's. Where did I put those complimentary CD's from Lik-sang...

mmm...or a DVD image...

Just a mo...didn't someone say that he had full romsets on there as well? How'd did he do that, GoodSNES is like four gig on its own!

hmmm, wish I had the time to download that and Goodgen, but alas I can't tie up my resources for that long!

Paul

c0ncept posted on Dec 17 2004 at 07:44 PM said:
mmm...or a DVD image...

Just a mo...didn't someone say that he had full romsets on there as well? How'd did he do that, GoodSNES is like four gig on its own!

hmmm, wish I had the time to download that and Goodgen, but alas I can't tie up my resources for that long!

Paul

I assume those packs might have different lanquage versions, and hacks. Like Sonic sprites on SMW... :p

EvilDragon posted on Dec 17 2004 at 11:27 AM said:
aapje89 posted on Dec 17 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
r0lf posted on Dec 17 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
I think the fact that the listing is completely in capitals is quite telling.

if anybody is desparate I'm sure we could band together and burn an ultimate GP32 dvd for someone.

just for the price of shipping and the media.

if such a DVD was required, what would we put on it (hinting for suggestions)
I would want such a dvd, IF all the authors agree on putting their stuff on it.
Maybe a some $$ for the gp32x board

That's what I'm actually planning for sometime next year... contact all the authors of the stuff in the GP32x File Archive, ask them for their permission and create a CD/DVD with all the categorized GP32 stuff on.
It won't be expensive, but every cent I get out of this will be donated to all the developers who have games on the CD.
I think I'll have the time to start that around March / April 2005.

Yes that is how it should really be done.

<_<

bah!!! Give me Goodset or give me death! (which Nintendo might actually welcome..all us bad pirating folk ;))

Seriously though, there are some pretty good PD roms on offer, I'm not trying to put anyone down or anything :)

If the developer does not want their program to be on the cd, it shouldn't be there. He's getting money for programs that developers made for free to the community. Obviously there are people that cannot get the game for whatever reason but if the developer does not want their program to be on the cd, it should be taken out. If the developer does not care, I suppose you can sell it, seems a bit immoral though. <_<

There are no SNES roms, he states it somewhere I think.

c0ncept posted on Dec 17 2004 at 08:27 PM said:
I'm guessing you wouldn't include any of these ROM thingys I keep hearing about would you ;)

Nope, no roms.
Even no PD roms, as PD roms basically are programs like the GP ones only for other consoles and I would have to contact all devs there, too.... would take a lot of time, we want to support the GP32 devs and not the ones for other systems AND I have some good eMail contact to GP32 devs :)

Last edited:
Got a reply from this guy... here is what he says:

Hi,

I enclose 2 screenshots showing the games included on the DVD.You will notice top titles!
£10 is definatly cheap!Some of these games sell for more than £10 each!
It carries on being cheap, especially when you consider the rest of the non game content as well.
Dont disregard the emulator stuff as it would be a big mistake.The Megadrive games are a good example of superb gaming with tons of choice of games.Naturally alot of other consoles are also included!
This DVD is very complete and gives the GP32 owner the full power of his GP32.
These are selling very well every week!

If u want your copy fast paypal the total including postage and I will send out on Monday.

Hope this answers your question!

Dave

i uploaded the 2 screenshots he sent me at:
www.pdroms.de/temp/gp32games.bmp and
www.pdroms.de/temp/homegrowngames.bmp

Hi to all!

Let me introduce myself......Im the fool (?!) who is selling the GP32 DVD's on ebay. :eek:

Let me state my case....
All I am charging for is my large amounts of time to put this freeware stuff together.
The data on the DVD is all non commercial and none of it breaks copyright at all.
The commercial software is just demo versions!
I am a gp32 fanatic who just wants to see the community survive and really fail to see what harm this DVD does!
If anything it will keep people using there GP32's....surely that is what any GP32 community should be about! :blink:
Alot of the stuff on it is either very hard to get or not available to get on line anymore.
In a way this is a service to the gp32 community rather than just a money making exercise.
Why people feel this is the work of a fool is beyond me!:wacko:
As for getting legal about it....well I have to say "How Sad you are"!:rolleyes:
Not that there would be anything that could be done as no laws have been broken!
It would just cost the fools who go down this route alot of money! :eek:
If you want to protect yourself against this then you need to copyright it properly!
I do feel that this would be rather silly as you would spend a fortune over something that will probably never serve you any purpose!

Is there no one in this community with any common sense? :unsure:
So far I have had emails from some of you that were just silly and immature in content! :rolleyes:
If I have something on this DVD that u have written that you dont want on it, all you have to do is ask!!!! It really is as simple as that!
No need for unjust insults and bad spelling...just ask! :blink:

Im totally in favour of other DVD's being produced that could be downloaded free from a GP32 community site.
If this was to happen I would withdraw my DVD from ebay. :D
I would also be very happy to upload all of my DVD's content to assist in this.
Would you guys be interested in hosting it?
The ideas to get this off ebay mentioned earlier in this post were certainly interesting but none would work! :rolleyes:
New ebay id's can be setup everyday,if the worst comes to the worst.
Abit of normal contact rather than just immature snipes would be the way to go!

Those of you that said it would never sell are very very wrong!
Either work together as a community to help people get into GP32 by providing lots of choice and info or risk it dying within the next year or so.
My DVD has recieved alot of great praise and I have also helped out alot of new GP32 owners work out how to use it to its best. :)
I have lots of thank you emails from those who have bought the DVD. :)
Most people buy it because of the time it saves and its handy having it all on one DVD, just like those who download the open source operating system known as Linux, due to its size and the amount on it, would rather just by a CD or DVD of it.
Alot of the people who have it are now using their gp32's much more and are delighted with all the help guides it contains.
The DVD covers everything that a gp32 owner would need to have software wise and also help guide wise.Sadly no website offers all this vital stuff in one place.
Where the online community fails this DVD suceeds.
If you still think its a bad thing then Im sorry but you obviously have trouble understanding logic! :blink:

I also notice that you guys are talking about rom sets.
These ARE illegal! :eek:
How hypocritical! :blink:
If you want ROM's and cant get them then my god you must be a computer noob! Just use google!!!

All I want is for the amazing gp32 to survive and have proper support gp32_console
What is it that you guys want?

Mature replies only please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back