The Gamepark (gp32) Cinema And Tvadvert Help Needs

ypmuts

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hokay, as my boxtorrent account has been officially deleted 'cause i don't upload often enough, and i can't be bothered to re-register, i'm gonna try using my own tracker on a couple of files. one is already running so go to my blog and download it. if there are any problems at all don't hesitate to freak out and PM or post me here on the board and i'll boxtorrent it like the others.
got some cool tv advert coming too but i need help in finding more tv ads.

anyone remember the old mash get smash ads? any links would be helpful.
how about the more recent pi$$ take of those ads by grolsh beer with the aliens
or, the old flake chocolate ads
or the new lynx ad where the chinese girl in green tweaks the nipple of the chinese lynx boy
or anything that is even remotly funny. it doesn't have to be english as long as it sings, dances and tickles us all

OH! and i found that batman student trailer (finally!!!) so gonna encode that soon too.
you won't believe how cool this thing is. if only hollywood could get it all this good *sighs* will have to find out this summer if i'm gonna be dissapointed yet again

http://gp32cinema.blogspot.com/

Well, I haven't checked it - but you seem to offer movies (like 13 ghosts, etc.)

If these are the trailers, it's okay.
If these are the movies (I'm gonna check later, as soon as I have time), you'd better remove the link - or I'm afraid I'll have to do it.

No warez on these boards, sorry.

BTW:
About the TV ads: TV ads are okay. Usually, they are as illegal as movies - but as it is basically an ad for the company who created it, they won't care about that but will be happy ;)

I'm only gonna state what I've put on my blog. If the moderators of this board think I'm wrong so be it and I will do the right thing as set by my peers.
I have no need for flames, harrasement and such and will just quietly fold the project should there a need.

Thursday, February 24, 2005
Legal or Illegal
Well, what can I say. I think it's a gray area to share movies/tv/adverts on the Gamepark.
Why?
I can think of about 4 major products that support divx recording onto a portable device for viewing. Heck my local Toysrus sells two of them.
Hellfire, even those portable hard drive products that photographers use to back up their digital media pictures are now supporting divx playback.
I'm not saying this is a clear field but I'm not distro'ing full DVD's or screeners here. I'm simply doing what I think the big studios haven't thought of (and therefore they must be losing a bloody fortune)
Download the small movie that's the size of a postage stamp on your regular PC/Mac/Amiga/whatever media player and watch it on your Gamepark. If you enjoy it, go buy it.
I encourage the buying. Wholeheartedly. I'm sorry if I didn't make a point in making this clear but hasn't it already been said about a gagillion times already.

What I want to do though is maybe open up your horizons to movies, tv, adverts or whatever. Make you think about watching something different.
I was getting ready to put some Anime up and some foreign movies too. Old classics that have fallen be the wayside and too often get overlooked.
Maybe even hear some interesting comments after you'd watched. Or suggestions of what else to look out for.

Am I wrong, black and white wrong, to encourage others to entertainment not previously considered?
Personally I think it's still a grey area. But I can shut all this down if people think I am definatly wrong to do so. I'm not a law breaker and don't plan to start being one.
But if I loan my DVD to a friend so he/she can watch it in the comfort of their own home with the freedom to watch it as often as possible before brining it back, is it illegal to do so?
And if I record a tv programme with my old VCR and watch it later when I get home, is that also illegal? (Including those nifty Sky boxes that do the same)
Is anything truly black and white / clearcut these days?

I'm gonna leave with the Creative Zen tagline from their website. If only it were to be believed

Video, Music, Photos - When and Where you want.

So, moderators. Feel free to delete this thread should I be in the wrong.
I will close down my project as well should that happen.

Thank you.
But I must apologise to those who have already downloaded or downloading movies and trailers etc. from me, as I would also stop using bittorrent. Therefore you would have to either finish downloading from some other torrent'r or give up and delete the files.

ttfn,
ypmuts

This is a direct paste from my blog in answer to the opinions written by EvilDragon and elektrocution and to anyone who shares their opinions.

As I haven't had any reply from the moderators of the GP32Xtreme board, or from anyone else for that matter, I've decided to "Err on the side of caution" and disable this project until further notice, including the torrents I am currently seeding.
I know that the torrents are VERY popular but I thought long and hard about this.
For me, personally, it is for the best.

Good luck to all those watching but don't expect ANY updates in the near future.
It was good while it lasted.

Goodbye and my apologies to anyone I offended.
ypmuts

I will of course like to remain a member of this great board so *grovels* don't kick me off.

ttfn! B)

Back