The Game Awards

Fingers crossed for F4.

EDIT: Mostly boring.

IMO, only MGS 5 Online was worth watching this for.
Yeah pretty underwhelming for the most part.. apart from

https://www.youtube.com/embed/amno3GrIrZU?feature=oembed

Thought I was long past the days when I eagerly awaited every scrap of info on a new Zelda.. obviously not!

It does look incredible though, how on earth are they achieving those draw distances on WiiU hardware? the real challenge will be to populate all that space with interesting/varied stuff to do & maintaining it over the course of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Zelda is reason enough to buy a Wii U. Jaw dropping stuff they've done there.  :)

pmWaBKJ.jpg

I love The Lend Of Zelda games and to me each one is worth buying a machine for, specifically to play it. Thankfully Nintendo also produce other games that I also love so anything else is a bonus.

While I loved (that's an understatement - I was gut-punched and totally in awe of it) the initial release trailer, seeing the in-game vid in all it's empty glory saddened me a bit - it's great that you can see so far into the horizon, but when the world is pretty devoid of anything other than patchy grass, identikit trees and the odd rock, there's really not much worth seeing. All this will matter not one jot though once the world is properly populated and you've got more to think about than an empty world. But I couldn't help be disappointed.

So bring it on I NEED some new Zelda action :) :)

It had a couple enemies and horses, but it wasn't exactly "populated"  although it is still very early demo and these things (and many more, including wildlife) will hopefully be added.

Back