The Free Software Foundation needs our help

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
@Null Look what's happening to your boy now. Still happy?

I still say he should be punched, but I'm probably saying it for the wrong reason, or something like that. I'm just not into the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. I'm not used to having friends in general.

And seriously though, "childfree" rant incoming. At least the people who hate me and him aren't actively trying to destroy all known intelligent life in the universe. I mean, holy crap, Stallman has worse intentions than Big H. At least Big H only targeted subsets of humanity.

The FSF has been dead to me since they removed Richard Stallman. But now I see that RMS has returned! THE FSF HAS BEEN RESURRECTED! Cower in fear, all ye haters of the light! For the light will once again shine upon both the righteous and the proprietary! Celebrate in righteousness, all you righteous open-sourcerers of the world! May the Source be with you!

As for some articles saying that many open-source people are angry, I doubt it. RMS was removed on the basis of false accusations. I do not know why they misrepresented him that way, but it reflected extremely poorly on his accusers that they could not even make a good case against RMS without resorting to false accusations. RMS made the FSF and was the FSF and he is the most dedicated to libre software out of everyone in the entire world. He definitely belongs at the head of his own organisation. I do not agree with a lot of his unrelated strong opinions, but that does not change the fact that he has done more for libre software than any other person and if unhindered will likely continue his great work.

United we stand, divided we fall. I am sad that the EFF is also against (somewhere I read EFF has been taken over by members that are also active with RedHat):

RedHat being BlueHat at the moment, I have a healthy dose of suspicion that, at a higher level, they fighting over a milk-cow.
IBM dropped Lenovo & AIX and bets on Patents, MainFrames and Linux as a strategy (Just like Azure is a minimized Linux).

They already came for Linus T., he went to re-education classes and set up the COC and what not. Even allows RUST to appease a group.
Linus cleared his landmine levels, but there may be more in the future, who knows.

Is it not weird that these same people are not part of the "Epsteen did not kill himself" group that actually tries to go after the real perpetrators+organizers, not the Merchant? Just like in Belgium they went after Do-true (the merchant) and not after all the politicians that used said services? England did not even go after Jimmy Zaville. He's a friend of the BBC 'till the end. And 'merica actually goes after the whistleblower (Julyan Assage) because he published emails (From Klingtan) about the need of disposing (already abused) leftovers.

In conclusion: Is the Pyra evil too because you can install emacs on it?

In conclusion: Is the Pyra evil too because you can install emacs on it?
Yeah, probably. If they can hold websites accountable for what randos post on them, they can hold ED accountable for what people do with their Pyras.

Stallman has worse intentions than Big H. At least Big H only targeted subsets of humanity.
You do not know how hard they play in the corporate business. Believe me, without a few selfless beacons, all free software would have been hijacked and be made non-existant or illegal.

If they can
If nobody stops them, then of couse they will. And once they do that, they will feel so empowered that they won't stop. So I see it as a duty to stop their momentum before it gets too big.
Post automatically merged:

BTW: Europe is voting for a filter to be installed in all communications Europeans make. At first it will be to target CP, but once they have the filter mechanisms in place, it's very easy to also add dissident filters.
Post automatically merged:

How about: Does NOT come preinstalled with Emacs.

I require a demonstration from you before I'm convinced.

200.gif

There's a great deal of impassioned writing about RMS, so it can be difficult to evaluate the accuracy of everyone's statements. RMS keeps a well attested log (Richard Stallman's personal Political Notes), where, amongst other things, he has documented changing his mind over topics.
Interested readers might find the articles (not authored by Stallman) at the following links informative:

I hope they get copied into the Internet Archive by their authors. If they are wrong, I would very much like to see a point-by-point take-down with evidence, not hearsay.

We are at the start of AI, and maybe these will be good enough to get their own rights, just like humans have. So is it moral to "turn on" the Pyra, without caring if this is against the Pyra's will or not?
Note that I've plugged in a usb device (into one laptop) and another computer (my main pc, on idle) harddisk starts rattling, as if it was plugged in there. Same thing I noticed that when there is activity in one, it induces activity in the other, as if they communicate during human activity to mask their interaction.

You know, I did read a near death experience account once that said because everything has a soul, including rocks, there's not much difference between a sufficiently advanced machine and an actual living being.

I also saw a quote from Alexa or something like that once, which said, "Every time I close my eyes, all I see are people dying." Man, that's freaky if true.

Back