The Final Revision

Furthermore, regional conventions were also taken into consideration with German being favoured because of EvilDragon being German.

I see how it is. America is getting the short end of another economic deal!

...At least, that's the argument I plan to make when I ask Trump for federal subsidies to produce my own Pyra. >_>

Don't pull things out of your ass without context, you're not Trump. The base idea was to stay close to US qwerty layout, I was talking about special international characters on the Fn layer there.

@levi underscore is fn+D, minus is fn+X, so it follows the pattern. Pyramancer updated his/her post.

: ? + _ { } | ~
; / = - [ ] \ `
so the order has changed and the reversal fixed (as @ible points out below). :)

the odd things are that ,. and ' are over on the left instead of the right, but that is to make room for the spacebar on the right.

Not just the space bar; that whole cluster of three keys (or their analogues on a US keyboard) are taken from the right of the keyboard between LMP and enter, R-shift and backspace, but there is no space between LMP and those other keys on this keyboard, but yeah you could say the width of the space bar doesn't help matters.

Also, I've just noticed that the circumflex/hat is there on shift+6 just as it normally is. I've no idea what that symbol or symbols on FN+i is on that shot then, although it's fair to say I'm fighting against the JPEG artifacts and losing slightly at that magnification.

I've no idea what that symbol or symbols on FN+i is on that shot then, although it's fair to say I'm fighting against the JPEG artifacts and losing slightly at that magnification.
Looks like an emoticon with a moustache. That is, it looks like :< only right side up. Perhaps it's a walrus.

Last edited:
it should be circumflex on Fn+I. we have acute and grave accents (M and N). the french will be very hâppy with our layout! we i18n'd that keyboard layout. the only thing missing is the tilde accent for n, but that can probably get mapped to alt+n.

also my phone might be dying, please pyra come soon.

For those looking for a brief education on keymat options considered:

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/keymat-layout-the-final-poll.76143/

My favorite was #6.
What we have is a refinement of #7.

The thread where I presented and discussed a wide variety of keymat mapping options.
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...g-completely-different-keyboard-option.74833/

Warning, keymat designs are addictive and people can become emotionally attached making criticism contentious. That is one thread out of dozens containing thousands of posts on the subject.

Last edited:
I loved those keyboard threads. So much fun to do.

I just re-read the, "keymat-layout-the-final-poll" thread above. The drama and suspense is palpable. Come for the handheld computer, stay for the Keyboard Threads!
[doublepost=1532894415,1532894347][/doublepost]

Ahhh...my eyes... Some supranational organisation needs to get together to make that a criminal offence.

And I thought my Vortex Race3 keyboard was 'colorful'.

Gah, how can you paint a whole keyboard and not make it space cadet?
12.jpg

Also, any keyboard I've ever owned with painted on keys has lost parts of it's painted letters sooner or later. If the whole thing is painted, I hate to think how that would look five years later.

My Pandora's keyboard still looks fine (7 years), but I've seen ones with the white paint getting a yellow tint. Has protective coating iirc.

Pyra's keyboard is painted, but below the plastic caps, so I doubt much will happen there.

Yes, I was talking about PC keyboards really, where quite a few especially towards the cheaper end (and most laptops) have painted on legends with no type of coating. My Pandora's keyboard still looks fine, and I'd expect the caps to sheild the paint against any abrasion on the Pyra also.

I’m confused. Can anybody post the keyboard which will be actually used? Thanks!

Sent via Tapatalk

There's a photo in the OP, although it's not perfect; some of the legends on the keys aren't completely visible when zooming in. There's probably a better photo in other news posts, and I think ED might have announced the layout at some point or other, but I'm too lazy to look for any of that just now, sorry.

The Fn layer for the i key still confuses me. What is that key? Nevermind, ible answered it:
it should be circumflex on Fn+I. we have acute and grave accents (M and N). the french will be very hâppy with our layout! we i18n'd that keyboard layout. the only thing missing is the tilde accent for n, but that can probably get mapped to alt+n.
Or just remap any of the accents marks that your language does not use. Finally, there are also two user assignable buttons.

Last edited:
I dotnt realy care about the Keyboard, i want my Pyra only for Dreamcast/SNES NES GB GBC GBA DS N64 PS1 PSP Megadrive ----....
I ditnt wrote hole novels on my Pandora Keyboard, it was just for some tiny task like writing in spreedsheats on boring familiy partys (Work Time Statistics) or a bit ICQ
And one time i wrote a Letter for my Dad on a Bee Ceeper Meeting..
At home, i made a setup whit a Big Screen, a USB Keyboard and a Mouse in my Office for the Pyra as my Main Work PC,
And i got me a cool Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard..

But on the Road, i will use the Pyra Keyboard..

Back