The Final Revision

No wonder this project is taking so long... instead of getting stuff done by a certain date you somehow manage to get it un-done by that date. ;)
That's German efficiency for you. I rarely see it happen somewhere else, but it is quite common with the Germans :)

Translating bis into English is as hard for Germans as it is for English speakers to translate for into Spanish.

I was gonna say "Tintin !" but you ninja'd me, heh. I don't know how the english dub of the animated series (The Adventures of Tintin) sounds, but the french version is a blast. With reruns ever since, it made a few generations of froggies ;)

Its actually very good! I also like the French Live action films, “Tintin and the Golden Fleece” was great fun to watch, even if its only subtitles I understand haha

@Wally : I haven't watched any since I was a kid, but I don't remember it being on par with the series. Actually I'm so used to the animated show's voices that it is the main reason I haven't watched Spielberg's Tintin yet. Not even the 3D bothers me as much (have seen the latest Asterix and it was pretty good, but I'm a fan of Alexandre Astier's works).

@Caine & @Neelix : I don't speak spanish and I'm not much better when it comes to german, but WordReference doesn't list "by" (which to me looks like the right word in this context) as a translation for "bis". If I'm correct, this might be the first time I'm actually disappointed by the site.

@Wally : I haven't watched any since I was a kid, but I don't remember it being on par with the series. Actually I'm so used to the animated show's voices that it is the main reason I haven't watched Spielberg's Tintin yet. Not even the 3D bothers me as much (have seen the latest Asterix and it was pretty good, but I'm a fan of Alexandre Astier's works).

@Caine & @Neelix : I don't speak spanish and I'm not much better when it comes to german, but WordReference doesn't list "by" (which to me looks like the right word in this context) as a translation for "bis". If I'm correct, this might be the first time I'm actually disappointed by the site.

i'm rather partial to Asterix and Obelix myself.... had never heard of it in Australia . on holiday in the UK back in 1992 i found a book in the house we were staying in... hooked ever since.

image too big ....
spruch-umfahren.jpg

moved to niedersachsen need to adjust my profile ... this goes a bit offtopic

pyra pyra wuhuuu cant wait

Great news everyone:
I finally got to test the new Keymat.
And it is so much better than the old one.
Now it finally feels in every way better than the Pandora.
I'm even faster now with the Pyra than with the Pandora and can type a lot of things blindly already.

Note, I'm not using the latest case and don't have the aluminium plate assembled.
That will improve the experience further.

Things really are getting close to release. This was the one piece missing that prevented me from not doing much more with my Prototype. Now I can finally type on it and it's not a pain any more.

I'm looking forward to what will come and hope you all can get a fully working Pyra soon.

I'm even faster now with the Pyra than with the Pandora and can type a lot of things blindly already.
Nice - I'm glad that the layout is working well for you. Are you making full use of the 4 modifiers on the shoulder buttons or did the shoulders work on your beta case?

Great news everyone:
I finally got to test the new Keymat.
And it is so much better than the old one.
Now it finally feels in every way better than the Pandora.

Note, I'm not using the latest case and don't have the aluminium plate assembled.
That will improve the experience further.

Things really are getting close to release. This was the one piece missing that prevented me from not doing much more with my Prototype. Now I can finally type on it and it's not a pain any more.

I'm looking forward to what will come and hope you all can get a fully working Pyra soon.

HOW GOOD IS THE FLIPPING KEYMAT?

OMG

Translating bis into English is as hard for Germans as it is for English speakers to translate for into Spanish.
Germans use bis for both by and until. Spanish uses por and para for the word for.
I daresay you are correct, though I have very little knowledge of Spanish, so I have no concept of the difference between por and para. That being said this does remind me of a French sentence I once encountered as a line of dialogue in an otherwise English language book: "Vous êtes très genre." This had me quite puzzled for several minutes as I tried to make sense of it. Eventually it twigged. It was an attempt to translate the English phrase "You are very kind" into French, except it used the wrong word for kind for that context; genre instead of gentil.

-Neelix

@Neelix. It's complicated (it also does not translate just the word for, but you get the idea).

I finally got to test the new Keymat. And it is so much better than the old one. Now it finally feels in every way better than the Pandora.
I really like the sound of that. I don't have the current & previous versions in my head. What has changed?

That's nice, even the main keymat which went around the word for the keymat test was rather spongy (although I think one of the previous even more prototype keymats was stiffer, though I didn't make good notes and I can't really remember now).

Back