The average consumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people that were never 'spoon fed' as you say,they work hard for their money and family. But when it comes to a luxury such as video gaming, those same working class people want their cake and eat it too...on a platinum spoon at that. And there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Ah yes, nothing wrong at all... BUT, let me say it again... The Pandora is NOT a handheld gaming device with a keyboard.

It is ALSO a handheld gaming device with a keyboard. It is primarily an ultra-portable pocketable Linux computer.

A person can be very proficient and skilled in other areas of their life, but if they buy a device expecting it to be 'a gaming handheld with a keyboard', without actually bothering to do sufficient research on the device first... they can't then come and say "But I paid $500 for this! For that price I shouldn't have to put so much effort into getting it to work the way I want!"

The fact that you paid $500 for a device doesn't excuse you from having to take responsibility for researching the device before you buy.... or... for learning how to use the device once you've bought it.

If having your cake and eating it on a platinum spoon is what you want - then pay someone to do your research for you, pay them again to set up your device, and then pay them again every time you have a problem or want to update anything.

- That certainly would be platinum spoon feeding. <_<

EDIT:

Complaining that DosBox isn't more friendly is like complaining that your car doesn't float on water.

Hee hee hee. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, kind of ironic that DOSbox sent this thread where it did. MS DOS will be MS DOS now matter how friendly the Pandora OS is.

Lots of great posts in the thread, anyway. I share the view that at the time of Pandoras hitting the production line, it was not the right time for Android. If there was a magic Android app that increased production speed, maybe :p But I'm 100% in favour of what we have, especially in the knowledge that OS development does and will continue. If this had become an Android community, I don't know that I would have stuck around. And that wouldn't be any loss compared to the devs who would have moved on, or stayed with GPH devices.

A Pandora 2 (or whatever may come) supporting Android does seem like a smart move though. To Craig I say, don't look back and lament what could have been. The community has the device that they wanted, and your place in history is that of the mad bastard who made sure it happened. What's not to love? Direct your pro-Android energy forwards instead. People want to see what's next.
Dosbox did not send this thread here. There is a bigger picture here.

There are people that were never 'spoon fed' as you say,they work hard for their money and family. But when it comes to a luxury such as video gaming, those same working class people want their cake and eat it too...on a platinum spoon at that. And there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Ah yes, nothing wrong at all... BUT, let me say it again... The Pandora is NOT a handheld gaming device with a keyboard.

It is ALSO a handheld gaming device with a keyboard. It is primarily an ultra-portable pocketable Linux computer.

A person can be very proficient and skilled in other areas of their life, but if they buy a device expecting it to be 'a gaming handheld with a keyboard', without actually bothering to do sufficient research on the device first... they can't then come and say "But I paid $500 for this! For that price I shouldn't have to put so much effort into getting it to work the way I want!"

The fact that you paid $500 for a device doesn't excuse you from having to take responsibility for researching the device before you buy.... or... for learning how to use the device once you've bought it.

If having your cake and eating it on a platinum spoon is what you want - then pay someone to do your research for you, pay them again to set up your device, and then pay them again every time you have a problem or want to update anything.

- That certainly would be platinum spoon feeding. <_<

EDIT:

Complaining that DosBox isn't more friendly is like complaining that your car doesn't float on water.

Hee hee hee. :D
I thought the Pandora was primarily geared for open source gaming first and foremost.

Maybe to you it is not. Again it's all perspective.

Nobody is complaining about Dosbox...at least I never was. I just thought it a difficult emulator to use.

We all can agree to disagree. Perspectives on something like this varies. Nobody is wrong to think what they want of this swiss army knife ,jack of all trades,rolex alarm clock, technological conundrum called the Pandora.

I just got pissed off that my question was overlooked [prior to anyone knowing I am hakmanplayer the devil]. So I took this personal issue to another level.....I think it was a stimulating topic no matter how it came about.

and like flies to poop or sharks to chum or bees to honey you all came. Thank you for that.

My question was addressed. This was a font cluster I enjoyed...4 pages aren't so shabby :)

Cheers.

Now how about some stars?

:eek: ^_^

Do you go around asking people to compliment you in real life?

*giggle*

I think you are more likely to receive stars by *not* asking for them. ;)

I really don't care. This is not real life to me. This is superficial jabberwocky.

I believe you and I could delve into many discussions of much virtue and depth.

I like you FaeMinx. Always did. Though you detest me :)

Alas.. I grow tired. Night night sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.

Maybe we could PM and discuss a thought I have about how geographical location and the Pandora might affect each other.?

I just got pissed off that my question was overlooked [prior to anyone knowing I am hakmanplayer the devil]. So I took this personal issue to another level.....I think it was a stimulating topic no matter how it came about.

and like flies to poop or sharks to chum or bees to honey you all came. Thank you for that.

My question was addressed. This was a font cluster I enjoyed...4 pages aren't so shabby :)
1. your question in the dosbox thread was about as uninformative as can be.

2. as mentioned, there was only 4 hours and 2 posts(which were pretty much PMs between two people) between your "question" and your rather childish response of "yea thanks for the help"

3. there is no unworthy reason for multiple people here having a personal issue here with you based on the way you have acted before and the things you have said

4. the fact that people even let you back in here, even with their backs turned towards you should be a blessing, and requires more forgiveness that i would be able to give you

5. and last, but not least, quit being an attention whore, whether youre demanding a "thank you" from craig, or in this case, expecting support like theres anyone here paid to provide it

1. your question in the dosbox thread was about as uninformative as can be.

2. as mentioned, there was only 4 hours and 2 posts(which were pretty much PMs between two people) between your "question" and your rather childish response of "yea thanks for the help"

3. there is no unworthy reason for multiple people here having a personal issue here with you based on the way you have acted before and the things you have said

4. the fact that people even let you back in here, even with their backs turned towards you should be a blessing, and requires more forgiveness that i wouldn't be able to give you

5. and last, but not least, quit being an attention whore, whether youre demanding a "thank you" from craig, or in this case, expecting support like theres anyone here paid to provide it
I dont like you you don't like me... period...my fellow american from cleveland ohio.

1,2,3,4,5...i don't care or ever will care what you think of me.

Your opinions mean nothing! ;) To me, you are a self righteous buffoon.

I dont like you you don't like me... period...my fellow american from cleveland ohio.

1,2,3,4,5...i don't care or ever will care what you think of me.

Your opinions mean nothing! ;) To me, you are a self righteous buffoon.

And there we have it. Hakmanplayer everyone, the one and only! Let's all give him a hand! :lol:

P.s. You have to realize that every comment like this makes us take you less and less seriously... which in turn agravates the condition you initially complained about - I.e. being ignored and not being given the support you desire.

So essentially, you are complaining about yourself... which is classic! LOL :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back