THE 64 - Computer and Handheld Console

thought you have 'em all? errr... nope!
get ready for...

THEVIC20_3D-Box_EUR_FINAL.png

xD

Last edited:
Why would you get that and not their C64 product
Why would you get a C64 instead of a Pyra? Nostalgia, man. Pure nostalgia. Of course, if you did not have a Vic20 but a C64, then your nostalgia for the C64 is bigger. But the unwrapping, the touching of the keyboard, having a joystick where you musclememory can remember moves you did in the past... THAT is what you are buying.

+4 for mini plus/4.
but i guess the c16 makes more sense for them, as they can reuse the case and just change colours like with the vic20, marked as 'limited edition thec64' on the ovp.

How about a mini plus-4?

I have mixed feelings about this machine. On the one hand it's more powerful CPU wise, great for businesses.
It has a much better basic, but it's slower than the C64 (because it was much bigger). But the machine language is faster than the c64.
And for me, it was an upgrade to the VIC20. The upgrade to the C64 was the C128 (and I'm biased, because I owned a C128D)
and they removed the SID (although, I feel it was not needed) and the sprites (this was a really bad move) for cost cutting and if not a game machine, it could not survive (I fiddled with an XT compatible with higher resolution hercules card by then)

Last edited:
I had a plus 4, I truly loved programing basic on it. One day when I came home after a weekend at my dads I found the house rather messy and my plus 4 gone. I thought it was yet another punishment from my mom because I hadn't cleaned up my room or something. She used to take away my computer for that sort of stuff...
Unfortunately that wasn't the case. We had a break-in and it got stolen. The dumbo left the power brick too so it was probably useless for him...

So sad... Maybe one day I'll get me another... if/when I'm bored.... probably never :p

Back