That F1 Race...

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
Ok, so the race was a disaster but the biggest thing that stood out for me? The American public showing how stupid they actually are, again.

Throwing beer cans at the drivers? What the hell? Are these people retarded? I mean yeah the race was a complete farse but come on, it's not like risking the life of someone will make it better.

And then there were the interviews. The one that really stood out to me was this guy in a red Ferrari top that started ragging on the Michelin teams for not driving because he had saved up for 2 months to go to the race. WTF? He wanted these guys to risk their lives just so he could see a race? Does he really value his money over the lives of the drivers?

Anyway, this just strengthens the thought in my mind that Americans disgrace the western world.

I hate how all of America is put into a large group of "idiots, bigots, soul-less monsters etc." Im an American dammit, and im not any of those.

But anyways, American stereotyping aside, that was pretty shit thing to do of those "fans" ;)

Sorry in advance for the rantingness

The American fans were apparently kept in the dark about the situation for a long time. I think the fact that the FIA and the race teams couldnt come up with a plan and refused to compromise was just stupid and idiotic. At the end of the day I'm not an F1 fan anyway, I much prefer World Rally Championship :D

No excuse for throwing beer cans though :blink:

Funniest thing I saw in the start of the race was little Bernie Ecclestone running round the grid like a blue arsed tit. Serves him right the trumped up billionaire. Everyone's known about Michelen's weaknesses for a while now.

I just heard what happened with regard to this race. Six cars? WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER FARCE. And all because the F1 officials said it was against the rules for all the teams to change tyres at the last minute.

That just goes to show how completely fucked up the F1 circus is. I tell you, if I had of been there I would have been seriously pissed off about it to. It doesn't justify people throwning stuff arond and the like, but I can at least understand why they did it.

That's just plain stupid. The race should have been called off.

Yeah, but I bet more than 3 cars actually STARTED that race.

I've just been looking at news related to the F1 race, and got the full picutre. I say the blame still rests with FIA, for refusing to act on the advice of the ten teams who pulled out and putting in a chicane on the final turn before the race started. And trust the stupid Ferrari team to veto the plan.

It's no wonder thosew ten teams all boycotted the race, with the drivers pulling into the pits on the parade lap.

As I said before though, it just goes to show how fucked up the whole F1 scene is.

America is a Huge Country, so of course there will be more idiots there, and they can be very vocal.

But to post a thread like this just to make a few anti american comments is imo extremely dumb. I mean, Northen Ireland with its small population, and all the mess that happens when a few of you guys wanna go marching! And Mr Paisley?

Magnify the Pop of N.I till it becomes the size of America....? Has anyone here walked down the Golden Mile in Belfast late at night on Friday, then first thing on Saturday? Is there anyone in Belfast who isn't hammered on a weekend?

Don't get me wrong, I love Belfast, and have worked there a fair bit, but I hate stereotyping whole lands. I mean, imagine a thread about Afghanistan here...?

Yeah, but I bet more than 3 cars actually STARTED that race.

I've just been looking at news related to the F1 race, and got the full picutre. I say the blame still rests with FIA, for refusing to act on the advice of the ten teams who pulled out and putting in a chicane on the final turn before the race started. And trust the stupid Ferrari team to veto the plan.

It's no wonder thosew ten teams all boycotted the race, with the drivers pulling into the pits on the parade lap.

As I said before though, it just goes to show how fucked up the whole F1 scene is.
yep

Last edited by a moderator:
I like F1 but:

1. It's monged up the way they handicap teams because they're better.
2. That race was a farce.
3. The American public made it 10 times worse (and dangerous).

Has anyone seen Schumacher play football? He's almost a pro.

And now you realize what happens when lawyers, accountants and businessmen get their hooks into a sport.

It's no longer 'for fun'

The FIA have more than shot themselves in the foot.
They are the laughing stock of the whole world and I expect that the management will change at the first (legal <_<) opportunity.

But maybe that's what some people wanted.

Not that I'm a paranoid cynic :ph34r: Well ... maybe ;)

i follow f1 a little and am quite annoyed at all the shit ferarri and the other teams that raced are getting because if it was the other way around and ferarri were the team that wanted a chicane putting in mclaren and willaims and all the other muppets would have told them to fook off. yes i agree it was a farce the way it was all handled but its down to michellin surely they'd have seen the track and thought to themselfs hmmm that 200mph+ corner might be a little tough on out tires, should we say something a little earlier than 2days b4 the race. dumb asses.

as for the idiot who was comentating saying that they should have put the chicane in but not let the 14michellin cars score points what a knob, what's to stop knobs like montoya aiming straight for schumacher and barichello to run them off the road to stop them scoring points? and the comment that one of the stupid pricks made when schumacher was going around that 200+mph corner "oh he'd better watch he could lose his legs if he crashes there" < not said in a concerned manner he should have a word with the indy racer who DID lose his legs the knob head,

anyway sorry for the rant just had to get it off my chest :)

p.s
the idiots that were throwing the cans and bottles and the ones who attacked the stewards should be locked up and fined £££ oh sorry $$$ :)

Gaz.

I'm pissed off that the FIA are now planning on penalising all of the cars that refused to race for 'bringing the sport into disrepute' Erm excuse me but if the tires are dangerous then why on earth should the drivers risks their lives for the benefit of the public.

It's Michelins fault that the tires failed but given that once detected they still had to put on a race the FIA should have found a better solution than hoping that other front runners would race because they knew Ferrari were going to.
I've never agreed with the new rules about tires anyway and much prefered it when they could change them as they could before.

F1 has been in trouble for a while but we've had a couple of good races which made things interesting again but now this has just blown that all away.

i agree about the tires they should never had put this stupid rule into effect, there meant to be making the sport safer and yet bring in stupid rules that put drivers lifes at risk, look at the incident in the other race where the wheel came off because of a bald spot on hit tire which made the tire all outta shape cocking up the suspension friggin knobs, if they punish the drivers or teams that didnt race then all the teams should just pull out and leave bernie the knob and create a new F1 without the pathetic rules.

A sum up of the commentary in less than 1 and a half hours.
And the ferraris take the lead.
The ferraris are still leading.
Oh they've lapped everyone now.
oh they've lapped the minardis again.
Its over. Everyone looks pissed.

A sum up of the commentary in less than 1 and a half hours.
And the ferraris take the lead.
The ferraris are still leading.
Oh they've lapped everyone now.
oh they've lapped the minardis again.
Its over. Everyone looks pissed.
Apart from the Jordan guy who was overly enthusiastic about his podium place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back