That F1 Race...

i agree about the tires they should never had put this stupid rule into effect, there meant to be making the sport safer and yet bring in stupid rules that put drivers lifes at risk, look at the incident in the other race where the wheel came off because of a bald spot on hit tire which made the tire all outta shape cocking up the suspension friggin knobs, if they punish the drivers or teams that didnt race then all the teams should just pull out and leave bernie the knob and create a new F1 without the pathetic rules.

I agree, that rule should never have been introduced, but instead of saying 'Michelin can't bring in new tyres, it's against the rules', what they could have said was 'Michelin can bring in new tyres for this race if they want but so can Bridgestone', so that it would have been the same for everybody.

As for your comment about forming a new F1, well a lot of the teams have in fact been in talks for quite a while now about forming a breakaway F1 championship once these new 'dumbing down' rules the FIA want to introduce come into effect in 2008. I would think the events that took place last Sunday would only further this cause, and if the FIA penlise them I could very well think that very soon the FIA won't have a championship to stage (even earlier than 2008), with all the other teams in a new breakaway event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allright. It seems as you all need my wisenessssaerasdfa, whatever.

The Michelin Teams had three options

1. They could have taken the turn slower (all in all it was only the last turn that caused problems for the tires). But this wouldn't have been a great race, either (but still better than what was actualy done), because the Bridgestone teams would have dominated the race, too.

2. They could have used a shicane right in front of the last trun, to slow ALL cars down. Not a bad idea IMO, but Ferari and the FIA voted against it (well, I don't think Ferari is to blame, as the top teams would have done the same if it was the other way around. But if it had been the other way around, there would have only been 6 cars, that woudln't race, and not so much of a farce and McLaren or whatever wouldn't have been balmed for ruining the race).

3. They could have changed the tires, as Michelin offered to fly in the tires that were thought to be used for the race in brazil. This would have been a good solution, and all the FIA could have done, is "punish" the teams, by letting them start from the box or from a worse position. But still one of the best solutions

A sum up of the commentary in less than 1 and a half hours.
And the ferraris take the lead.
The ferraris are still leading.
Oh they've lapped everyone now.
oh they've lapped the minardis again.
Its over. Everyone looks pissed.
so how was the commentry differnet from a couple of yers ago? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back