[testing]Grabicasa - Picasa Webalbums Grabber

_jr_

Advanced Member
Thought I tested this already as failing, but the following simple solution seems to work:

- put _tkinter.so from pysolfc somewhere

- add somewhere to PYTHONPATH

- run the program using the os' python (having TCL/TK libs in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and TCL/TK LIBRARY set to the appropriate directories)

Then python loads the newer _tkinter.so and correct Tcl/Tk saving lots of MB in the PND. To make this somewhat robust, _tkinter.so should be rebuild from the python 2.6.2 source used to build the os python using the same options and flags. Unfortunately I probably won't have time to follow up on this in the near future.

_jr_

Advanced Member
Yeah, did have the same recollection. I may be making an error.

Have now moved every selfcompiled python away and made sure to clear PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The recipe above still seems to work (and it should if I understand the extension loading code in python correctly).

KickAss

Very Active Member
- put _tkinter.so from pysolfc somewhere - add somewhere to PYTHONPATH - run the program using the os' python (having TCL/TK libs in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and TCL/TK LIBRARY set to the appropriate directories)
finally found the time to test this:

your right! it seems to work alright.

the next update will safe lots of space :)

thanks for giving me insight on this!

_jr_

Advanced Member
I'm still slightly concerned about subtle incompatibilities of the extension interface since I built this _tkinter.so from a different version with possibly different options. I'd like to provide a better build, but don't hold your breath for it:)

KickAss

Very Active Member
that's right. im getting strange tkinter behavior as well.

tkmessagebox.askyesno returning false, no matter which button was clicked...

let's consider this "work in progress" :)