Test the keymat!

That is a fast way to rack up your 'nerd credit'. Forget that there is a giant national sporting event and show up in a t-shirt for a sci-fi show. The hat though - that tops it out. My hat is, quite literally, off to you.

Love the Acubra hats - wish they made one big enough to fit my 65cm noggin. I normally wear Irish flat caps. Handy that they can fold in half and slip into a jacket pocket.

well its a "national" day for the victorians..lol us further north have a better game to follow...

Elon agrees:
I haven't watched it yet, but he is one of the rich business bastards I actually like. Instead of someone like that...well, I probably don't need to mention POTUS. (I hate Bill Gates, but even he...nevermind, no politics...he probably isn't offensive enough anyway.)
That is a fast way to rack up your 'nerd credit'. Forget that there is a giant national sporting event and show up in a t-shirt for a sci-fi show. The hat though - that tops it out. My hat is, quite literally, off to you.

Love the Acubra hats - wish they made one big enough to fit my 65cm noggin. I normally wear Irish flat caps. Handy that they can fold in half and slip into a jacket pocket.
I regularly fit the first category. I have literally worn a wide variety of hats in my life (some were required for various reasons). My favorites keep the sun off of me a bit, although aren't quite so...attention getting, although I have worn or country's similar hat when I lived out west. It was fedoras and similar for a while (real ones, usually older, not the "fashion" ones that don't even for the definition imo), until they became fairly popular and associated with a particular subculture. Now it is mostly some variation of baseball cap, solid subdued colors, no logos or designs on them. I should probably wear boonie hats, which I have a handful of, when I am outside in the sun all day (or say "fuck it" and go back to my fedoras). The best part about the baseball caps is they do a great job of keeping rain out of my face if I tilt my head down a bit. Since they are cheap I can replace them easily enough (although the one I liked most lost the strap on the back a few months back, and a replacement just wouldn't be the same, so I hold onto it. I have been on the lookout for something else I might like that is more durable, without luck. I can get another like the one missing the strap at Wal-Mart, but it will be new and look and feel wrong, and once I break one in it might fall apart again.). If only the boonies stayed on a bit better. I could always go back to patrol caps (which I always wore in unauthorized ways, a bit too crisp on top, although not blocked, and with the brim curled a bit to offer better side protection). Meh.

To follow up on my previous post, after complaining I decided to stop by a few places I infrequently visit to see what I could find. Most places only had things that don't work for me (embroidered logos, camo print, etc.). Eventually I found a somewhat odd light heather grey baseball cap that is a wool/polyester/nylon blend. It seems to be a higher quality than the Walmart ones, and it is thin material, so maybe despite the material it won't be too warm in hot weather.
[doublepost=1506957311,1506957220][/doublepost]Oh, and to kinda stay on topic, yes, thanks for flipping the pics for those of us that don't look at everything upside down. I love all the pics everyone shared here.

Mad man... yes well, I don't think anyone ever thought otherwise. ;-)

You know I could probably meet up some time this afternoon as long as you're willing to meet somewhere in the vicinity of Dandenong...

-Neelix

Annd I missed this again. Fun Nevermind :)

For some reason it did not occur to me that it would be impossible to find a seat in a pub on grand final day. If anyones looking for me I'm standing next to the wall near the loos wearing a black acubra hat and a doctor who T-shirt.

Dammit.. you mean I missed a chance to check out what the Pyra will look like? Damn.

Anyways, how've ya been, mate? Long time no see.

Somewhere between Australia (neelix) and somewhere central european (maybe Austria, I forget) for the last leg of the journey, unless I've missed someone out. Neelix, if you were last, do you have tracking on the parcel that works across the water?

Maybe send out the final(?) keymat version with a better case (don't laugh) for another world tour? I would propose sending a prototype, but way too many problems could come from doing that. I would be in if I could test it during a second round.

Ok, NO!
b971c646d131ef0206f66367bc06118a.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk
You've omitted the turtle. And the elephants.

The elephants are important!

Where is it now?

Somewhere between Australia (neelix) and somewhere central european (maybe Austria, I forget) for the last leg of the journey, unless I've missed someone out. Neelix, if you were last, do you have tracking on the parcel that works across the water?

It hasn't arrived yet. BTW it's Hungary.

Then someone feed it quick before it wastes away!

Oh, wait - there is an a in there. Nevermind.

Also, there is a difference between Budapest and Bucharest :) For a moment I thought this is the (Bad)Joke Appreciation Corner... At least not the Racism towards Hungary thread :)

Maybe I'm really going to feed it. And quit giving free geography lessons :)

Last edited:
Also, there is a difference between Budapest and Bucharest :) For a moment I thought this is the (Bad)Joke Appreciation Corner... At least not the Racism towards Hungary thread :)

Maybe I'm really going to feed it. And quit giving free geography lessons :)

Whoa whoa WHOA! Be careful. Everyone may not find that as funny as it is.

Just be sure to have a variety of foods available when it gets there since I don't think we yet know what the best meal for a Pyra is.

Just be sure to have a variety of foods available when it gets there since I don't think we yet know what the best meal for a Pyra is.

The first one I have in mind is kolbász. Although with regard to its Greek mythological origin, I should also try ambrosia. Maybe it would be better to start with a beer, Pyra was born in Germany after all. What do you suggest? :D

Back