Release Temper (Split from other thread)

Has anyone had success running CD based games?  I only have a couple and cannot get them to work.

Just wondered if I was doing something wrong?  I have the syscard in the right folder and correctly named as per the readme
Read the first page and readme file.

Why is this cool PND is not on the Repo?

Read the first page and readme file.

Why is this cool PND is not on the Repo?
Was kind of a beta release that I didn't want up yet.. since then whenever someone complained about it not being there I said they have my permission to put it there but no one agreed to :p

I downloaded Temper from this thread and put it in the "apps" folder. However, I don't see it in the emulator section of the Pandora.  The only way I can get to it is use PNDManager.  Why is that?

Because it ends up somewhere else. Under Games, possibly, or under Other. It is somewhere.

Hi me again.

Just built a Nanonote version from 0.81alpha source with a 32-bit color video core.

Some games run 60 fps - not many though.

Don't suppose there are any MIPS specific speed ups?

Hi me again.

Just built a Nanonote version from 0.81alpha source with a 32-bit color video core.

Some games run 60 fps - not many though.

Don't suppose there are any MIPS specific speed ups?
No MIPS code, no.

If you ever start writing an interpreter in MIPS it gets kind of depressing kind of quick.

Is the previous version of the video code somewhat faster?

I compared video.c from my ancient GP32 version and it looks quite different here and there.

Speaking of the GP32... Rotated code? I saw that there are some defines in the C version... Any ARM versions :D ?

I'd still like to release it. Funny thing is the GP32 version is faster then the Nanonote version!

I've never benchmarked the old C video renderer vs the new C video renderer, so I don't really know. I did some really basic comparisons between the old ARM version and new C version and the latter was just a little slower, but these weren't tests with a lot of sprites so probably not a great example. The newer code is better at things, like rotated output, SGX support, width scaling, etc..

There's no ARM ASM for the new video renderer. I was pushing to do that and that's what kept me from releasing the Pandora version for so long. It ended up being a lot more of a headache than I thought it'd be and I got frustrated and didn't finish writing the first function.

What you quit?!  First time ever heard of!
I stopped migrating the new video renderer to ARM code, but I released the Pandora version well after that. It's not really that performance critical.

The bigger issue is that there are some compatibility bugs in the new code that I wasn't ever able to fix..

It's a bit sad not having Temper on the repo :/ .
I've repeatedly given people the okay to upload it themselves. If no one else cares why should I?

I've also given the okay to the GCW-Zero team to release the code under some license if they want. If you want to do it instead I'll give you the code.

I've repeatedly given people the okay to upload it themselves. If no one else cares why should I?

I've also given the okay to the GCW-Zero team to release the code under some license if they want. If you want to do it instead I'll give you the code.
I'm not the best guy to code on this, but I'd like to upload temper PND on the repo

with the source code, just to get it done. Then we can add other maintainer/s.

Is that okay with you, Exophase?

If so, please provide the source to me somehow.

If you leave the license selection up to me I would choose CC0 or MIT license. If you prefer the GPL that's fine too, it's your code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it's not about another Pandora release but I'm going to releasing and updated Temper 0.81 for the Dingoo A320.

Exophase. I was just wondering about some of the high-res modes - they don't seem to be very well centred in some cases?

For example, 1943 from the Options screen if  you select the Arcade Mode, it's supposed to display in the 512 pixel mode, however it seems like the screen is centered correctly?

Another one is Strip Fighter, scaled mode doesn't seem to work?

Also, I've added a 352 pixel mode that scales down to 320 pixels using your scaling methods and I think it works quie well allowing medium res games like R-Type to be displayed nicely on a 320 screen - not really an issue for Pandora - but possibly useful for many other 320 width screens.

I recently made some tests on Dingoo Temper released by Slaanesh and i noticed all the CD games work 100% without issues.

Is it possible fix the compatibility issues on Pandora version? Would like to correctly play games like Anearth, F1 Circus Special, Star Parodier and Nexzr on Pandora Temper.

Any chance Temper will support in future NEC PC-FX emulation?

I just found on the net some documentation, maybe it could be useful: http://matejhorvat.si/en/pcfx/index.htm

Back