Temper 0.75 For Wiz

If you're talking about Hu card games then yes it will load .pce files.
Hm... it froze up on me (tried several different hu card bases pce files."]. Wouldn't load the file and/or allow me to go back to the menu and/or exit out to the wiz interface either..
Try them on a PC-Engine emulator for PC. Your ROMs could be corrupted.[/quote]They work on the pc using Magic Engine v1.00. Transfered them onto the memory card several times and same problem. (using B button to launch them"]. Freezes everytime[/quote]You are not trying any Supergrafx games are you? Temper does not support Supergrafx. It supports regular PC engine/TurboGrafx and CD games.

All of the games that I have tried pretty much run perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're talking about Hu card games then yes it will load .pce files.
Hm... it froze up on me (tried several different hu card bases pce files."]. Wouldn't load the file and/or allow me to go back to the menu and/or exit out to the wiz interface either..
Try them on a PC-Engine emulator for PC. Your ROMs could be corrupted.
They work on the pc using Magic Engine v1.00. Transfered them onto the memory card several times and same problem. (using B button to launch them"]. Freezes everytime[/quote]You are not trying any Supergrafx games are you? Temper does not support Supergrafx. It supports regular PC engine/TurboGrafx and CD games.

All of the games that I have tried pretty much run perfect.[/quote]They're definately TG16 pce files, not Supergrafx. It doesn't even get passed the file listing screen, thats where it freezes...

Guess I'll have to upgrade to 1.0.1 then (groan)

And will need someone to test for me on 1.0.0 :(

Careful, that there is a recipe for brickin'

BTW what is the Temper.cf2 file that is in the config directory? The reason that I ask is that if I try to copy it to my PC to backup it tells me that the file is corrupt. Can I delete it from the card without effecting the operation of Temper?

Guess I'll have to upgrade to 1.0.1 then (groan"]

BTW what is the Temper.cf2 file that is in the config directory? The reason that I ask is that if I try to copy it to my PC to backup it tells me that the file is corrupt. Can I delete it from the card without effecting the operation of Temper?[/quote]It's one of the config files. It stores things like last executed directory. You can delete it though, you'll just lose that config information. I think Wiz's SD operations aren't very reliable right now :/

Guess I'll have to upgrade to 1.0.1 then (groan"]

BTW what is the Temper.cf2 file that is in the config directory? The reason that I ask is that if I try to copy it to my PC to backup it tells me that the file is corrupt. Can I delete it from the card without effecting the operation of Temper?[/quote]It's one of the config files. It stores things like last executed directory. You can delete it though, you'll just lose that config information. I think Wiz's SD operations aren't very reliable right now :/

That is probably why it doesn't remember the ROM directory.

Maybe disable that feature for now? I don't want to corrupt the card so soon.

Hey Exophase! I just got my Wiz yesterday and Temper was the first thing I loaded. It runs great but I can't get back to the menu pressing the vol + vol - together. I didn't change it in the config either. I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem? It does it for any hu card game I try. I as well can not get back to the wiz menu (standard not gmenu) when I exit Temper. The games run great though! Thanks again for dealing with Wiz to make this amazing emulator for us.

geise69 said:
Hey Exophase! I just got my Wiz yesterday and Temper was the first thing I loaded. It runs great but I can't get back to the menu pressing the vol + vol - together. I didn't change it in the config either. I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem? It does it for any hu card game I try. I as well can not get back to the wiz menu (standard not gmenu) when I exit Temper. The games run great though! Thanks again for dealing with Wiz to make this amazing emulator for us.

Have you tried pressing Y? Have you confirmed that vol plus + vol minus is set to it in the config menu?

Exophase said:
geise69 said:

Have you tried pressing Y? Have you confirmed that vol plus + vol minus is set to it in the config menu?
Haha well I pressed Y now. :eek: Yeah I didn't see in the config menu that Y was also for the menu. It shows Y as for the menu but Volume Up + Down is also for the menu. I just missed it. Sorry about that. Thanks! Also it's now exiting correctly. :blink: Man talk about user error. =B

Do you think that this emu will get the screen tearing fixes that were made to other emus like MAME etc?

That is the only thing it needs really.

DaveC said:
Do you think that this emu will get the screen tearing fixes that were made to other emus like MAME etc?

Not unless I manage to unbrick my Wiz.

Exophase said:
DaveC said:

Not unless I manage to unbrick my Wiz.
What is keeping it from being un-bricked? Is their some hardware fault that is unresolvable or something?

If you can never get it resolved would it maybe make sense to give the source to someone with a working Wiz such as Notaz to fix? Just a thought.

DaveC said:
What is keeping it from being un-bricked? Is their some hardware fault that is unresolvable or something?

If you can never get it resolved would it maybe make sense to give the source to someone with a working Wiz such as Notaz to fix? Just a thought.

It's resolvable in software, but there isn't a direct method for it yet. I have to play around with it to find out more. I'm not giving the source to notaz because I don't think he'll implement it the way I want to ;p

Man that sucks about your Wiz being bricked. I hope you will be able to get it unbricked. Didn't it brick because of certain things that were getting flashed to the nand during the firmware upgrade? Also, the fact that it was an older development unit?

I do have one question and it's for anyone that has been using Temper. I don't know but it might actually be my SD card. My issue is that no matter what clock speed I use, games fluctuate from 60 fps down to 55 or lower then shoot back up. Games tend to get rather choppy. Surprisingly it seems to run better at 450 than say 650. It seems like the frame rate changes when it's accessing my SD card. Maybe I need a faster SD card. Is anyone else experiencing this? My firmware is 1.1.0

First off - amazing emulator here. Being able to play PC Engine / Turbo games anywhere is amazing and I've yet to find a game that doesn't work. However, I'm having trouble getting the CD games to work. The only system card images I can find are in .pce format. Will this work?

BEERSandVIDEOS said:
First off - amazing emulator here. Being able to play PC Engine / Turbo games anywhere is amazing and I've yet to find a game that doesn't work. However, I'm having trouble getting the CD games to work. The only system card images I can find are in .pce format. Will this work?
Yes they should work. They go in a folder called syscards.

Back