Temper 0.75 For Wiz

Wow thanks for the great work Exophase.

Off to test, Thanks again :)

First of all thank you Exophase ;)

I tested it and I noticed that the sound in cdrom game is laggy and crappy, and the games are the same I'm using in gp2x.

Maybe I've to reconvert them from .bin?

In temper 0.70 they played perfect...

It's my fault or it's normal?

I tested it and I noticed that the sound in cdrom game is laggy and crappy, and the games are the same I'm using in gp2x.

Are you playing OGGs, WAV, or all in a BIN?

I only tested one CD game and it was ISO/OGG and the music was fine. GP2X had these prefetch options that I had to disable, but I didn't see the files available for it on Wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you check the clock speed? Some games will have stuttery sound at the default 200 MHz and you may have to overclock slightly. I have stuttery sound on the Wiz version too at the default 200 MHz clock speed on many games. CD games are more CPU intensive obviously with the OGG decode plus game emulation so they need a little more Oomph.

Exophase:

On the Wiz version is the clock speed displayed accurate or is it a hold-over from the GP2X version? So if it says 200 (the GP2X default) does that really mean it is running at 533 MHz (Wiz default) or are those actuall clocks speeds? If the numbers are true that would suggest a big underclock is possible on Wiz but I have doubts if that is real.

Well, my games are all in ISO/OGG, and the sound is stuttery. If i try to set a different clockspeed audio and video will desync... Audio will be too fast...

The converter is the same of the gp2x, or will i have to reconvert my games?

EDIT:
Problem solved, I changed my SDHC with a Sandisk II and all went ok, audio is perfect now!

or are those actuall clocks speeds? If the numbers are true that would suggest a big underclock is possible on Wiz but I have doubts if that is real.
They are accurate, 200MHz is 200MHz. On the 200 setting Temper runs pretty poorly for me, but your mileage will vary depending on the game. The default clock speed for the Wiz version is 533.

does that really mean it is running at 533 MHz (Wiz default"] or are those actuall clocks speeds? If the numbers are true that would suggest a big underclock is possible on Wiz but I have doubts if that is real.
They are accurate, 200MHz is 200MHz. On the 200 setting Temper runs pretty poorly for me, but your mileage will vary depending on the game. The default clock speed for the Wiz version is 533.[/quote]Ok Cool the emu runs pretty much perfect with CD game Gate of Thunder underclocked at around 350 MHz. Could be just as good with a bit less I need to experiment more.

Great emu, a real piece of coding art. Thanks again.

Exophase:

On the Wiz version is the clock speed displayed accurate or is it a hold-over from the GP2X version? So if it says 200 (the GP2X default"] does that really mean it is running at 533 MHz (Wiz default"] or are those actuall clocks speeds? If the numbers are true that would suggest a big underclock is possible on Wiz but I have doubts if that is real.
They are accurate, 200MHz is 200MHz. On the 200 setting Temper runs pretty poorly for me, but your mileage will vary depending on the game. The default clock speed for the Wiz version is 533.[/quote]Ok Cool the emu runs pretty much perfect with CD game Gate of Thunder underclocked at around 350 MHz. Could be just as good with a bit less I need to experiment more.

Great emu, a real piece of coding art. Thanks again.[/quote]For a strange reason on my wiz temper was clocked to 200mhz, and that was the reason of the sound to be stutter. When I clocked it to 533mhz all went perfect, also on my other SDHC that i was thinking to be faulty...

Really thank you for this beautful emulator Exophase!

For a strange reason on my wiz temper was clocked to 200mhz, and that was the reason of the sound to be stutter. When I clocked it to 533mhz all went perfect, also on my other SDHC that i was thinking to be faulty...

Ha, that explains everything. The problem was that you were using the config file from/generated by the GP2X version. The config files are not versioned per arch, for good reason really.. so you have to be careful about doing things like this.

For a strange reason on my wiz temper was clocked to 200mhz, and that was the reason of the sound to be stutter. When I clocked it to 533mhz all went perfect, also on my other SDHC that i was thinking to be faulty...

Ha, that explains everything. The problem was that you were using the config file from/generated by the GP2X version. The config files are not versioned per arch, for good reason really.. so you have to be careful about doing things like this.
You're right! I noticed that I copied also config folder from my older gp2x version... ;)

Does it load pce files as well or just bin's and iso's
PCE files for CD based games? :huh: If you're talking about Hu card games then yes it will load .pce files. I don't have a Wiz yet so I'm using the GP2X version, which is awesome btw Exophase. Thanks again for working on this. If I do get a Wiz I'll let you know in case you might need some testing in the future. Thanks again for all your time you've been putting into this. I've always wanted to see the bright colors of a pc-engine game on an OLED screen.

If you're talking about Hu card games then yes it will load .pce files.
Hm... it froze up on me (tried several different hu card bases pce files.). Wouldn't load the file and/or allow me to go back to the menu and/or exit out to the wiz interface either..

Hm... it froze up on me (tried several different hu card bases pce files."]. Wouldn't load the file and/or allow me to go back to the menu and/or exit out to the wiz interface either..[/quote]Try them on a PC-Engine emulator for PC. Your ROMs could be corrupted.

Hm... it froze up on me (tried several different hu card bases pce files."]. Wouldn't load the file and/or allow me to go back to the menu and/or exit out to the wiz interface either..
Try them on a PC-Engine emulator for PC. Your ROMs could be corrupted.[/quote]They work on the pc using Magic Engine v1.00. Transfered them onto the memory card several times and same problem. (using B button to launch them). Freezes everytime

Back