Tell Me What I Should Do Next...

What do you want me to do next?

• Upload more old stuff to the GP32x File Archive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue with the Fenix Tutorial

• Code the Offline Browser for the File Archive (Win32)

• Redesign the GP32x File Archive

• Quit the GP32 scene and don't annoy with stupid polls anymore

• Total voters

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as most do know, I don't have much time at the moment.
But I have lots of plans what to do in the GP32 scene... please tell me what YOU WANT FIRST!

1. Upload more old stuff to the GP32x File Archive
Well, I have lots of stuff which isn't uploaded yet...

2. Continue with the Fenix Tutorial
This will take a lot of time - as it's not that easy to do it. Is it worth it...?

3. I'm planning an Offline Browser for the File Archive.
This means, you can browse the archive (categorized, with screenshots and descriptions) and then directly access the download page from there.
Useful if you don't have an internet connection with you.

4. A redesign with better graphics would be nice, wouldn't it?

5. Well... if you're stuffed with my presence, I could also leave :)

I'd say try to get most of the old stuff and then redesign it. No dont go its great what your doing other wise i would have to run all over the net trying to find all thoes programs :eek: . The file archive and gp32x.de are only 2nd to the gp32 on my list B) .

Bourbon

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, you make it sound like what you've done now isn't enough, ED. But, I'm certainly not complaining. :D

I would say just continue uploading some of the older things first. I don't see a reason to redesign the archive, so I would say after that continue your Fenix tutorial.

I would say continue with the Fenix tutorial. That would open up the possibilities of much more software to be created. I don't really care much about the design of the archive, just as long as it works.

I'd say more files is a higher priority than offline browser; even then, I'd say an offline browser isn't so important, with the web being what it is these days :)

I'd say do the uploads and be done with it, and then do Fenix; or perhaps appoint others to do uploads if doable, since really its an ongoing thing to keep up to date, and that may sour you on it all..

jeff

skeezix posted on Mar 1 2005 at 03:34 AM said:
I'd say more files is a higher priority than offline browser; even then, I'd say an offline browser isn't so important, with the web being what it is these days :)

I'd say do the uploads and be done with it, and then do Fenix; or perhaps appoint others to do uploads if doable, since really its an ongoing thing to keep up to date, and that may sour you on it all..

jeff

Could you pop over, repair my car (dammit), walk the dog, make polite conversion with my better half, play with the baby, go and do my job and hoover the bathroom? :)

I need time with my BLU....

skeezix posted on Mar 1 2005 at 05:34 AM said:
or perhaps appoint others to do uploads if doable, since really its an ongoing thing to keep up to date, and that may sour you on it all..

jeff

Well, this IS already possible, I offered it to all the devs in the dev section.
Oankali uploads his stuff himself, for example.

lubidog posted on Mar 1 2005 at 08:55 AM said:
Could you pop over, repair my car (dammit), walk the dog, make polite conversion with my better half, play with the baby, go and do my job and hoover the bathroom? :)

I need time with my BLU....

Well, sure. I don't know anything about cars, so it may be more broken than before, if you don't mind that.
I'm going to make a polite conversion with your better half and have HER play with the baby and hoover the bathroom.

About your job... hmmm... you sure you don't want to quit it? ;))

Last edited:
Put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea... and some jammie dodgers, or maybe jaffa cakes :)

I say take a nice break man. Youve been working your ass off for this community. Wish i could treat you to a few beers

thanks for everything

yep

relax man - we can wait! enjoy some time off...

most of the stuff is on GP32spain...

thats unless you have a full speed n sound snes emulator you have forgatten to tell us about :D

sPaCe :ph34r:

Maybe you can update tails to 0.5?
I can send some screenshots for the smashgp character, but your email don't work...

mrpropre posted on Mar 1 2005 at 08:23 PM said:
I can send some screenshots for the smashgp character, but your email don't work...

Is this in the right thread. :blink:

Trooper

mrpropre posted on Mar 1 2005 at 09:23 PM said:

Whoops? I missed that one?

My eMail works - I get some eMails every day on all of my accounts ;)
Which one did you try?

Last edited:
I'd say you should prolly do
maybe 3... I dont see much point in it, as the offline thing would have to be update often along with uploading things, which would just make you more busy...

Dunno...
I'm waiting for your next fenix tutorial... but I can be patient.... :)

Wow. Who are the turds who voted for the last option? <_< :angry:

Anyway, I think you should redesign the site slightly; not to make the graphics look nicer but to...

1) make it compatible with 800x600 resolution :ph34r: (don't anybody tell me to go higher - I could, but I don't like squinting ;) )
2) sort the emulator section by the system emulated rather than by emulator name (like the downloads on GP32World)
3) Add more screenshots to programs (most are available on their authors' websites; you could go to the GP32World links section if you can't find them ;) )
4) Add links to reviews of programs from GP32World, if it's not asking too much :D If you'd like, I could send you corresponding links (file on gp32x.de - review on gp32world.co.uk).

Above all, thank you for the excellent work that you've done Evildragon! B)

Back