Tell Me What I Should Do Next...

What do you want me to do next?

• Upload more old stuff to the GP32x File Archive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue with the Fenix Tutorial

• Code the Offline Browser for the File Archive (Win32)

• Redesign the GP32x File Archive

• Quit the GP32 scene and don't annoy with stupid polls anymore

• Total voters

Esn posted on Mar 2 2005 at 05:48 AM said:
Wow. Who are the turds who voted for the last option? <_< :angry:

Haha, I guess they were just some guys making fun ;)
I didn't include option as a serious reason ;)

1) make it compatible with 800x600 resolution :ph34r: (don't anybody tell me to go higher - I could, but I don't like squinting ;) )

That one's hard - as it would mean I have to scale down all the text and graphics what would mean it will become too small an larger resolutions...

2) sort the emulator section by the system emulated rather than by emulator name (like the downloads on GP32World)

Ah, yes, I wanted to do that :)
Just forgot it ;)
Not much work to do.

3) Add more screenshots to programs (most are available on their authors' websites; you could go to the GP32World links section if you can't find them ;) )

Most programs do have screenshots, I didn't find screenshots for the other
ones when I uploaded them...
Will be a some work browsing through the archive, I wanted to do this once I finished uploading ALL the missing programs.

Of course, if you (or anyone else) wants to help me with that, just contact me or send me a zip of missing screenshots via eMail :)

4) Add links to reviews of programs from GP32World, if it's not asking too much :D If you'd like, I could send you corresponding links (file on gp32x.de - review on gp32world.co.uk).

I once asked someone if I should link the the reviews (though I forgotten who it was)... don't know what happened then, but if you send me the links, I'm going to add them ASAP :)

Dozer posted on Mar 2 2005 at 11:09 AM said:
Isn't the archive quite expensive? Or do you get by with the ads?

It's not that expensive, though I don't get much money with the ads, it's
enough to pay for webspace (that is, if I don't have to upgrade more ;))

I wouldn't mind donating a bit. I use it more than Dr.MD :).

Well, if anyone wants to donate for the work I have, my PayPal account is michi@dragonbox.de

Nobody needs to, though. I'm glad I can help ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 2 2005 at 10:40 AM said:
1) make it compatible with 800x600 resolution :ph34r: (don't anybody tell me to go higher - I could, but I don't like squinting ;) )

That one's hard - as it would mean I have to scale down all the text and graphics what would mean it will become too small an larger resolutions...

You could always have a link on the side/top: "lower resolutions, click here" ;) Anyway, you wouldn't have to make so many changes; the text is fine, but the images just need to be a little less wide. It's ALMOST fine as it is, but the sides are just a little squished (it was ok before you changed the graphics on the site, for example)

I'll send you the review links today or tommorow... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back