Who Thinks I Can Do It?

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Well for some time now i was interested in 'coding' and developement for gp32.

I am 16 and going to try the impossible, I have NO experience in coding but i have done some triggers/events.. etc. and stuff with other programs for game mods (hope this helps).

Im thinking of making my own game got lots of ideas and stuff muahaha.

Anyways what kind of stuff is the EASIEST to do like fenix, or c++ err... some other stuff hehe. Plz provide me with newb links etc..

Thanks and good night I hope to have some possitive/negative answers by the morning :lol: .

??? Days remain untill i get my gp32_console

To begin with, try coding in fenix and ZOT. Zot is very easy, especially if you have already experience with triggers, tiles and stuff, but its not all that powerfull...

Drak posted on Apr 3 2005 at 09:14 AM said:

I am 16 and going to try the impossible, I have NO experience in coding but i have done some triggers/events.. etc. and stuff with other programs for game mods (hope this helps).

Anyways what kind of stuff is the EASIEST to do like fenix, or c++ err... some other stuff hehe. Plz provide me with newb links etc..

Thanks and good night I hope to have some possitive/negative answers by the morning :lol: .

Big Deal,
I'm 12 and already released 2 games for Gp32.

Yeah, probably Fenix is the best thing to do, quite fun. BOR modding is good too, apart from finding bugs, which is a living hell in bor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend learning the basics in something like visual basic/ pascal (what I did) and then moving onto c/c++. However I still cant wrap my head around more than the basics of c.

Meh.

Yes, i alsu learned to code in BASIC first (when i was 11 years old... Goity probably with 5 :lol: ) Ist´s always good to start with something easy, so you might give it a go, but you won´t be able to use BASIC on the GP32 :( ... The easiest actual coding language on the GP32 is probably brainfuck. (of course ZOT is much easier, but its an editor, not a language.)

Goity posted on Apr 3 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
Drak posted on Apr 3 2005 at 09:14 AM said:

Big Deal,
I'm 12 and already released 2 games for Gp32.

Yeah, probably Fenix is the best thing to do, quite fun. BOR modding is good too, apart from finding bugs, which is a living hell in bor.

BOR doesnt count, retarted monkey could make a BOR mod

it'd be shit, but it'll still count

I dont think making a mod counts as making a game, unless it changes the game entirely so ya. Im going to try writing a simple game in lets say... Fenix any1 got some links im too lazy to look. Well ill do some looking anyway for a bit.

This idea also came to me.
1.) Is there a way to imcorporate .Avi or Xvid into a game? This would really sweeten up the gameplay cuz of my vast ideas heh.

Anyway thx and ill have myself some fun.

Drak posted on Apr 3 2005 at 09:18 PM said:
I dont think making a mod counts as making a game, unless it changes the game entirely so ya. Im going to try writing a simple game in lets say... Fenix any1 got some links im too lazy to look. Well ill do some looking anyway for a bit.

This idea also came to me.
1.) Is there a way to imcorporate .Avi or Xvid into a game? This would really sweeten up the gameplay cuz of my vast ideas heh.

Anyway thx and ill have myself some fun.
1. It did change the game entirely, have you seen GOR?
2.You can use MPEG video in fenix, not sure about on gp32

1. It did change the game entirely, have you seen GOR?
2.You can use MPEG video in fenix, not sure about on gp32

Ill take your word for it. Hm i hope the MPEG can run with the game on the gp32.

Starting a simple ZOT project then going to move onto fenix once im done fiddling with this program :lol:

Just a quick question:

When using Zot do can i use the windows version and then put it on my gp32 version eventually?

Back