Release Tapan Kaikki Bloodshed

Official description: "Tapan Kaikki is a top view shooter game. The sole purpose of the game is to kill everything that moves. 1-4 players."

AFAIK Tapan Kaikki was released several years ago for MS-DOS and two versions evolved from the original release: The Ultimate Tapan Kaikki and Tapan Kaikki Bloodshed. It was made by errorfree but they released the source under GPL and their domain does not exist anymore.

Multiplayer mode is only hotseat so maybe not the best for the pandora :)

I changed the controls to:
D-Pad = walk / turn
B = shoot
X = change weapon
Shoulder buttons = strafe

If they do not fit you can change them in the options menu.

If you have any suggestions or find any bugs, please let me know.

I played this so much when i was a kid. The control scheme is kinda hard, nub support would be great. If you could make it so that the left trigger changes weapon, right trigger shoots, right nub aims, and walking/strafing would be done with the d pad, that would be perfection for me..

Ps. thanks for the port, this was one of my main reasons to get this device, and now that i can run it without fiddling with qemu or dosbox (didnt bother even trying) im happy. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comments!

I made a new version with bigger ingame fonts as requested by a user in the repo.

The control scheme is kinda hard, nub support would be great. If you could make it so that the left trigger changes weapon, right trigger shoots, right nub aims, and walking/strafing would be done with the d pad, that would be perfection for me..
Hm... I have to see what I can do, my time is very limited at the moment. When you say left and right trigger you mean the shoulder buttons, right? And d-pad left/right would strafe instead of turn? Sounds good to me, I'll see what I can do.

Excellent port but this is super hard!
It may become easier if the controls are better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i noticed that you can actually do it my way already! one must only find the option of mouse control. god im gonna cry, i get paid for playing this 6,5 hrs a day.

Ah okay, I made the keyboard controls the default right at the beginning and didn't try mouse later on :) I guess I should change the standard profile again. What do you do that you get paid for this? Pandora game tester? :)

uhh, i turn vhs tapes into wmv:s and when the videos are running i have time to play games. i dont actually get paid to play, i get paid while playing fulltime. :D

Sorry for answering so late, I was a bit busy the last days. I tried your control scheme for the game but I don't get how you made it possible. The problem is: If you activate the mouse mode you can look around with the left nub but you also have to use the d-pad for movement. Did you manage to configure the right nub for looking around?

Back