Tandy CoCo / XRoar enthusiasts in the house?

commander-beef

Very Active Member
I'll need some help with setting up xroar for Pandora. I wanted to create launcher for it, but its damn hard to configure xroar to play simplest rom and i never have Tandy CoCo so it's really hard.. :p . Any help will be appreciated..

EDIT:

XRoar running..

I can attach dsk file by Ctrl+1 and what next..?

RESET [ctrl+shift+r] seems to not work..

fbeda50203bcf8fd753b692ab0aa2601.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to deal with its basic os.

Make sure it is disk based one.

then you:

load"file"   in case it is a basic program.

loadm"file" in case it is a machine code program

file -> is the executable´s name, could be a machine code one or a basic one

if it is basic, you then:

run

if it is machine language, then:

exec

This is usually how you do with the real system.

I don´t know that one program to give more info. 

You might be able to implement some loaderscript in the source that loads some environment variable on startup.

Yeah, I got the same thing. It's because Xroar isn't smart enough to realize it's running on a little-endian CPU and it's loading the rom "upside-down and backwards." I gave up on Xroar a long time ago and went with MESS. As a matter of fact that's why I compiled MESS for the Pandora in the first place. 

I think you need to deal with its basic os.

Make sure it is disk based one.

then you:

load"file"   in case it is a basic program.

loadm"file" in case it is a machine code program

file -> is the executable´s name, could be a machine code one or a basic one

if it is basic, you then:

run

if it is machine language, then:

exec

This is usually how you do with the real system.

I don´t know that one program to give more info. 
Thx, erico

Yeah, I got the same thing. It's because Xroar isn't smart enough to realize it's running on a little-endian CPU and it's loading the rom "upside-down and backwards." I gave up on Xroar a long time ago and went with MESS. As a matter of fact that's why I compiled MESS for the Pandora in the first place. 
Maybe i'll release it "as is" then to share the pain of xroar basic configuration with other users  :]

If it is messing up the endianness of the CPU, I'm afraid that it will never be useful until you actually rework the endian-dependent code. No matter of configuration helps there.

Yeah. Ill take this project on hold for a while. If nothing new will pop up i'll release it as beta for testing.

Back