Talk About GTA

Maybe I ought to consider moving to Australia. sounds more like my kind of place.
You know most countries won't just let you immigrate there, right? For Australia the most realistic option is a work visa (unless you're closely related to someone there) but good luck getting one.

I think Australia is one of the more difficult places to get into too eh?

I know a few people that have left London to live there but have all had relations there which is how it happened for them.

One other mate is over there still now, work visa and recently got sponsored by the firm she been working at and got another 4 years I think out there.

Fae, clearly you've had some bad, proper bad, experiences over there. I know the crime levels there are high, violent crimes too which are obviously the worst. I hope you get to live somewhere nicer soon mate.

I too often find myself looking at humanity with dispare, just have to try see the nicer things in life and not drown in the pond scum surrounding us

Not only Australia has few guns, just about any country other than the USA would do.

But it is pretty good here.
Well, if I am to move to another country, a few requirements other than the guns thing has to be met.
One, they have to speak English.

Two, is has to be warm.

Australia qualifies.

The Canadian population has lots of guns and you do not hear from people shooting each other all over the place.

Just as a sidenote.
May I also note that Canadians have one-tenth the people the United States does...spread out over about twice the landmass.
Well I often wish we could just get rid of more idiots rather than make the world idiot proof...

I fully support all the stupid looking disclaimers companies put on their products. They're there to prevent idiots from profiting when they do stupid things with products that aren't meant to be used in stupid ways.

(Also, that's how you use their, they're and there if you needed any help with that.)
My personal favorite Warning Tag:Found on an iron: "Remove clothes before ironing"

I am not kidding.

Maybe I ought to consider moving to Australia. sounds more like my kind of place.
You know most countries won't just let you immigrate there, right? For Australia the most realistic option is a work visa (unless you're closely related to someone there) but good luck getting one.
Well, what about someone who owns their own business? Maybe they'd like to emigrate to Australia and employ Australians?

Exophase is right - we have some friends that moved to Australia; she had a profession they wanted (doctor), he only got in by dint of being married to her. Both myself and my partner have open invitations to emigrate should we choose - British-trained nurses are in demand all over the world, and my partner is a skilled teacher... we both qualify.

Cost of living is even higher than in the UK though, so we're declining for the time being :)

D.

My wife and I have been married for 18 months. She only just got her permanent residence, and that was only after I asked what the status was. If you're planning to move to a different country, plan on not moving to that country any time soon.

Sorry if I insulted you Kumaki , I get emotional on the subject of guns . SInce I know no one on a personal level in person with a differing opinion of gun would you tell me which of these to be an " assualt weapon " : http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms/rimfire-families/autoloading-model-597.aspx or http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=50A1B as is the non pro assualt rifle group would say ? If you and others could answer I would appreciate it much as I would like to be able to debate fairly ( not with you folks ) instead of random shouting .

Everyone should come to Australia, then after a while we Australians can go and take over the rest of the world...

then it will be more peaceful everywhere!

(and yes, Australia is just about big enough that it could happen... if it's a bit squashy we could process you in batches)

disclaimer: I disturbed the peace over receiving an unjust public transport fine last night.  Didn't shoot or physically assault anyone though.

Hooray for ticket police keeping us honest with $$$ fines when we forget to "touch on".  :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I insulted you Kumaki , I get emotional on the subject of guns . SInce I know no one on a personal level in person with a differing opinion of gun would you tell me which of these to be an " assualt weapon " : http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms/rimfire-families/autoloading-model-597.aspx or http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=50A1B as is the non pro assualt rifle group would say ? If you and others could answer I would appreciate it much as I would like to be able to debate fairly ( not with you folks ) instead of random shouting .
Who cares wether one qualifies or the other ? They are both unnecessary to have for normal citizens (and obviously for you also, as you stated yourself that you would be able to achieve the same "effect" with a bolt weapon).Also what dou you consider a fair debate ?

yP6ag5m.png

A fun thing to do in GTAIV:

1. "Borrow" a scooter.

2. Find a group of people.

3. Start beeping your horn at them.

4. Follow them as they run away while still beeping your horn.

5. see how large a group of people you can gather.

Note: You can use other vehicles to do this, but it's by far the most funny when you use a scooter. :)

5. see how large a group of people you can gather.
I think you forgot step 6 which is to squish them ;)   Can you squish simulated people with a scooter?  (disclaimer: have not played any GTA game yet)

I remember an otherwise harmless car racing game "E-type" for the Archimedes, because the player could score extra points by running over policemen!

Who cares wether one qualifies or the other ? They are both unnecessary to have for normal citizens (and obviously for you also, as you stated yourself that you would be able to achieve the same "effect" with a bolt weapon).
Also what dou you consider a fair debate ?
Actually One is actually intended for sporting use and the other happens to be singleshot bolt action that just happens to be chambered in a rather large caliber . Which is a sporting use in my opinion ( take it or leave it you can agree with that or not ) . When I said that you could achieve the same end result with any gun ( something dead or maimed ) it may read as if I'm saying everything could be used to hurt someone and indeed it can , its just to limit this is weird as I'm sure a 5 pound textbook hurts worse than a 2 pound one does when both are dropped on your feet . Although one could argue a night stick has much more legitamaly  than a sword , I live in an area where although crime is admittedly low in some parts of my area it can take up to 20 minutes for police to arrive. Anyhow although I disagree with your opinion my question was asking WHY you see them as inappropiate for civilians to own . You don't HAVE to answer , but if you do so that is what I intended to ask .

Anyhow although I disagree with your opinion my question was asking WHY you see them as inappropiate for civilians to own . You don't HAVE to answer , but if you do so that is what I intended to ask .
Simply because there is no evidence that owning one of these will add to your safety. In the contrary, it can even reduce your chance to get out of a situation unharmed as pulling out a weapon in an already stressed situation surely won't calm anyone down.

So why exactly do you need a gun in the first place ? For that hilarious scenarios where you have to hunt to get something to eat or you have to fight "the goverment that turned against its own people" ?

Or just for sports, if so get yourself some darts.

Anyhow although I disagree with your opinion my question was asking WHY you see them as inappropiate for civilians to own . You don't HAVE to answer , but if you do so that is what I intended to ask .
Simply because there is no evidence that owning one of these will add to your safety. In the contrary, it can even reduce your chance to get out of a situation unharmed as pulling out a weapon in an already stressed situation surely won't calm anyone down.So why exactly do you need a gun in the first place ? For that hilarious scenarios where you have to hunt to get something to eat or you have to fight "the goverment that turned against its own people" ?

too bad, the end of the world didn't happened... one less reason for weapons at home...

I think you forgot step 6 which is to squish them ;) Can you squish simulated people with a scooter? (disclaimer: have not played any GTA game yet)
I don't bother with step 6 because I like to be merciful on occasion + it would take ages to run them all over with the scooter. :D

Simply because there is no evidence that owning one of these will add to your safety. In the contrary, it can even reduce your chance to get out of a situation unharmed as pulling out a weapon in an already stressed situation surely won't calm anyone down.

So why exactly do you need a gun in the first place ? For that hilarious scenarios where you have to hunt to get something to eat or you have to fight "the goverment that turned against its own people" ?

Actually I do hunt ( and unlike most so called hunters eat what I kill ) , and I'm certain that if someone broke into my house with a crowbar and each member of my family ( excluding the cat ) picked up a rifle , shotgun , or my preference for home defense a single action revolver chambered in 44 magnum ( single over double due to easier trigger pull ) I am positive lowlife with a crowbar would back out . A couple of years ago me and my family were gone ( day trip to the beach for clam digging if memory serves ) . When we got back our neighbor lady notified us there had been a creeper ( not minecraft kind as this happened several years before minecraft came to be ) sneaking around our property , who after observing the man to not be from around these parts , chased him off . DARTS ? WTF ? You know how dangerous those things are ?! You could put your ( or somebody else's ) eye out  !!! And if you have to use them as a weapon they are so offensively short range !! :p only kiddng about darts . But here is my issue about giving up guns  : me a ( for the most part ) law abiding citizen gives up my right to own guns . A criminal who should have had that right revoked long ago and probably has , can walk into a seedy tavern ( you know the type ) ask if anyone knows of any arms dealers ( place usual criminal tests to make sure guy isn't undercover here ) sends them on their way . :unsure: If that tactic doesn't work how do the Mexican drug cartels gt better equiped than thier army ?

I am really happy about every contact with Americans, for I learn to like my home a bit more every time.

In this case, because it is way more difficult to get a gun here, even for those muggers, so I do not need to have one (hate these anyway).

Actually I do hunt ( and unlike most so called hunters eat what I kill ) , and I'm certain that if someone broke into my house with a crowbar and each member of my family ( excluding the cat ) picked up a rifle , shotgun , or my preference for home defense a single action revolver chambered in 44 magnum ( single over double due to easier trigger pull ) I am positive lowlife with a crowbar would back out .
Methinks you need a new cat ;)

cat-gun.jpg

- Neelix

Actually I do hunt ( and unlike most so called hunters eat what I kill ) , and I'm certain that if someone broke into my house with a crowbar and each member of my family ( excluding the cat ) picked up a rifle , shotgun , or my preference for home defense a single action revolver chambered in 44 magnum ( single over double due to easier trigger pull ) I am positive lowlife with a crowbar would back out .
Methinks you need a new cat ;)

cat-gun.jpg

- Neelix
I have a cat . Oh and your sig is perfect in this instance .

I am really happy about every contact with Americans, for I learn to like my home a bit more every time.

In this case, because it is way more difficult to get a gun here, even for those muggers, so I do not need to have one (hate these anyway).
Also what is with all those gun company's your country has ?

Back