T.i.m - The Imploding Mutant ( Wip )

hehe, it's good to get back to work :) ... It's still mostly aimed at the F-100 audience though the touchscreen functions will be implemented for those users with an F-200 ( I don't have my one yet lol ).

Anyway, here's another little video showing the ship's rotation when changing direction:

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/project-tim/a-falcon-fullrots.avi

Edit:

Cleaned it up now and added the inverse rotation... Now I'm working on realistic explosions :)

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/project-tim/a-fa...lrots-clean.avi

:D I thought you are waiting for craig´s new device. :D

a suggestion: if the spaceship is during the acceleration a bit faster than the scrolling and the screen catches up the leeway during the flight would it support the speed effect.

the videos promise a great game!

hehe, I was waiting for both the F-200 and Project Bumblebee, but I can't wait forever and I want to get Project T.I.M. finished asap because I want to get working on my other projects :)

Project T.I.M. will become available on Craigs' new handheld when I can get my hands on one lol, I definitely think that it would use the extra power and bigger screen to great effect.

As for movement of the ship... I'm taking into account diverse things and using an inertia factor that depends on the ship type and environment type, not something too realistic but it does the job nicely and is easy to configure. Hmmzzz, hard to explain how I'm doing it but it'll be good once I work it all out lol

All graphic content is going to be revamped, I wasn't too pleased with my old ships, these new ones look much better I think :)

Wow, this looks really promising!

This will be one of the first things I play if I decide to buy a GP2X (I still only have a GP32, and haven't decided yet whether to get an F-200 or wait for Craig's machine).

Quick update :)

I've been working on quite a few things all at the same time, and I've been deciding about a couple of other matters...

All ships, enemies included, will be able to rotate / change direction, I have implemented the players ship rotation so far and I'm working on the enemy ships and their rotations now... ( going to need a little extra AI for the enemies now, I could use some AI myself, I need to figure this part out in a nice looking manner lol )

The player will be able to have more than 1 ship at his personal shipyard... The player will also be able to use any of the ships used in the game, even the ones that the enemies / allies / neutrals have. The user may require a certain rank for certain ships, and of course, loads of cash lol

Leaving that aside, I'm also working on one of the utilities that users will require if they want to include their own personal content to the game :)

More info soon B)

Super-nice news man, this will be one of the top homebrews for sure :)

When you say ship rotation, what do you mean? Sprite rotation and change in direction?

The ship rotation is simply what is seen in the previous animation, it is basically used to switch directions in a nice smooth manner. The actual sprite doesn't rotate, it's an animation sequence... ( I've already tested it and it looks really nice on the GP2X ).

Yet another quick update, the tool that I'm working on will not only generate the sprite sheets, it will also generate the collision boxes and the needed data files automagically :)

This little tool will be handy for other projects too, it's a real time saver in this particular case.

Edit: 23 new ships rendered so far, over 1900 animation frames B) ,

Things are moving along slowly but nicely, I'm still working on the enemy ship rotation implementation, it's being tough but does look great :)

I've had to rewrite all the enemy ship code for this but it's much better and effective now. The sprites are smaller but very neat. I'll hopefully have some more good news in a couple of days once I've finished this particular matter.

X-Code - On YouTube said:
Here I show you a video of what is being worked on now, mainly the all-new direction switching. We'll be able to fly from left to right and from right to left, we'll have jumpgates in all directions.

Forgive the quality of this video, xvidcap couldn't grab it any better, the actual game doesn't stutter like this... Next time I'll use the camera I guess :)

The video is showing how the players ship switches directions. I have disabled the inertia for now as it's still being worked on.
http://www.youtube.com/v/tAdBbZW_T1Q

I don't know why xvidcap has messed my video up so much, but at least you see how the ship flips / rotates in-game, nothing special, but it's a vital part of the game now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Code said:
X-Code - On YouTube said:
Here I show you a video of what is being worked on now, mainly the all-new direction switching. We'll be able to fly from left to right and from right to left, we'll have jumpgates in all directions.

Forgive the quality of this video, xvidcap couldn't grab it any better, the actual game doesn't stutter like this... Next time I'll use the camera I guess :)

The video is showing how the players ship switches directions. I have disabled the inertia for now as it's still being worked on.
http://www.youtube.com/v/tAdBbZW_T1Q

I don't know why xvidcap has messed my video up so much, but at least you see how the ship flips / rotates in-game, nothing special, but it's a vital part of the game now :lol:
Looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:

That video isn't too good sadly, but the game actually works quite well. I've nearly finished the enemy ship turning / rotation / direction flip part of the game. I've also started work on the neutral and commercial ships ( some will actually trade between stations automagically - hopefully lol )

Another video soon, and maybe, only maybe , a limited demo for betatesters within about a month or so - Don't take my word for it as things do tend to go out of hands here at times and I'm applying many changes to the actual game engine :)

I want to Beta....!!!!

Really, I am so excited about this project!

Can't remember who was or wasn't a beta tester here, but you're one of them now :)

As soon as I have something for you to test I'll let you know here B)

Back to work... D*mned enemy ships have decided to be a pain, they only turn in one direction, it looks good, but... I want more.

Edit: 26/12/07 Job paused until new year, too many interruptions here, no need to worry anyway, things have moved a little forward, but not enough for me to make a new post just yet :)

Back