T.i.m - The Imploding Mutant ( Wip )

Thanks to all for your comments :), it's being quite a complicated game to code due to the big number of variables but I definitely think that it's going to be a great game.

The shooter part is going to be very intense and violent, The player will have to fight to complete the main quest and secondary missions, and of course will also have to fight to protect his/her cargo B)

The way the attack waves will be formed depends largely on the game mode chosen, Adventure mode will be less violent and more directed towards the actual main T.I.M. story, there will be ambushes and similar nice things in this mode ( there will be heavy battles too when the story requires them ).

Arcade mode will be just a shooter mode with endless levels ( going to need loads of ships for this mode lol ).

The other available mode will be Mission mode, the player will have to carry out diverse missions in order to gain credit and credits, bigger ships, higher rank, and so on... Enemies will attack depending on the mission type.

As you can see it's going ot be quite a big project but things are going very well so far. I'll post more info when info is available ;) ... I think that beertime has finally come, yipieeee!!!

hey x-code,

nice to see your project takes shape!! ;)
you mentioned your game in any zodttd-thread nearly a year ago. you were "psx game tester number one" :D and now a lot of gamers will test your own stuff. honour to whom honour is due.

Looks very good. The video are amazing! Keep up the good work and add something about it in the wiki.

Nr.56 said:
hey x-code,

nice to see your project takes shape!! ;)
you mentioned your game in any zodttd-thread nearly a year ago. you were "psx game tester number one" :D and now a lot of gamers will test your own stuff. honour to whom honour is due.
Hey Nr.56, I remember you from that same thread ;) , I suffered a couple of serious problems with my computer back then and the result was a couple of months of T.I.M. coding work down the drain. I think that T.I.M. would be nearly a finished project by now if it weren't for that "incident".

I only have one betatester for T.I.M. so far and he doesn't have any work to do yet lol. I won't be releasing the game to betatesters until I'm satisfied with how it works. One thing that I can say is that I will finish coding this game B) .

--

Thanks to all for your comments, they are a valuable motivation factor ;), I know that my project sounds ambitious, but I like complicated stuff and I have quite a bit of spare time at last.. If someone wants to spare me the time, please feel free to add it to the wiki for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added another video, it shows the start menu and a layer of fog over the background. Forgive the skips in the video, it seems to be that xvidcap didn't want to capture it at the speed that I require :)... I'll probably go back to using the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u53m2ZazjIo

More in-game videos soon.

Edit : Non-stuttering cam version :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZYaSyqXoY

Thanks Yorper, the game is still in a very early stage and I'm going to be fixing / changing / optimizing a load of things ( once the main structure of the game is mostly complete :) ).

Even so, the game works exactly the same on the GP2X so far, so things are looking quite good :)

Here is a quick and dirty cam video showing the start menu on the GP2X ( without fog yet )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQ_v0R7suM

Edit : Found a bug in my code, I didn't notice it when I made the videos but it was costing the GP2X version 20 FPS and the PC version around 100 lol... I'll upload new videos soon...

Edit 2 : GP2X version with fog runs at a similar rate than the previous one without fog. Without fog now we have doubled the framerate of the previous video. If I gain another 5 FPS I'll use the fog effect in-game for some levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIsj0B-EiI

Edit 3 : Here is an in-game video, forgive the quality, I disabled collision detection because I couldn't control the GP2X and the cam at the same time lol... It doesn't look like much in this video, but believe me, it's great ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMgBJpHPqg

X-Code said:
Thanks Yorper, the game is still in a very early stage and I'm going to be fixing / changing / optimizing a load of things ( once the main structure of the game is mostly complete :) ).
No problem, was just giving you a heads up incase you needed to add it. Like you say, you have alot left to add but also alot of tweaks to do, never know if you may end up needing this..

Looking good though, i'm really excited about this project :D

maybe it is to soon for design ideas and i do not know about the capacity of your engine, but i think your great pre-rendered spaceships cry for a more plastic environment. maybe some kind of paralaxscrolling: a planetsurface with some mountains and a layer above some transparent clouds. this makes some kinds of static oponents possible like gates or turrets. of course no idea for the whole game, but for some important scenes...
never mind your game impress at current stage. thumbs up :) cant wait to blast ... what kind of enemies? aliens?... the bad ones! :D

Thanks to all for your comments :)

The engine is in it's early design stage, it was originally something that I was writing for AMIGA... Anyway, it works quite well so far as you can see :).

The graphic content of the game is mostly provisional, I've been concentraing more on the actual engine and menu system... There will be static enemies / barriers / rock walls and other nice stuff later on. Parallax scrolling is being used already, look closely at the rocky layers and the foreground / background stars... I'll also be using it with the fog effect if I gain another 5 or 10 fps.

The reason that I don't have anything much as a background in the center of the playfield is... Top Secret :p :ph34r: B)

Edit : Enemies?, truckloads of them, there will be different races, and they will all have their own "personality" :)

Back