T.i.m - The Imploding Mutant ( Wip )

Just a quick update, I'm fully back to work on T.I.M. from Monday :)... I've had my little rest and temperatures have dropped slightly here ( mainly saying this so that everyone sees that I haven't given up/stopped/retired ).

Fresh info, etc... soon B)

Can't wait! This is my number one want!

(Apart from beer and sex, that is. Not in that order either!)

X-Code said:
Just a quick update, I'm fully back to work on T.I.M. from Monday :)... I've had my little rest and temperatures have dropped slightly here ( mainly saying this so that everyone sees that I haven't given up/stopped/retired ).

Fresh info, etc... soon B)
Hello, X-code... Do U wanna good beer??? xD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, here goes...

Jumpgates North, South, East and West now fully work, so we can go from one system to the next or previous one in both vertical and horizontal ( just like it's seen in the map ). I did have this implemented before, but it had a bug or two.

Bidirectional navigation has been improved

Radar system more precise ( better / more descriptive icons too ).

More info soon, tomorrow I'm going to work a little more on the system height, I also have to create a new ship and add the ship rotation frames for direction switching. B)

X-Code said:
Yet another interruption, this time until September ( I have a load of delayed work to do that I had forgotten about ). :)
story of my life. september's not that far off though!

here ya go...

bxp27923.jpg

ice-cream-15.jpg

Wow, that beer looks really sexy :p .

You're right, September is near, I shouldn't worry so much about it, but time is flying and my coding isn't :lol: ... I'll get back on track once I kick all this work out of the way though.

I like your beer loving attitude, mate. It reminds me why I start popping cans at 10 A.M. :) I love that you take your time with T.I.M., that tells me that you've got your heart in it, in other words, it will be one hell of a game :) It's because of people like you that the GP2X will live forever!

I will come and do all your work so long as you don't abandon this game!

Alex. said:
I like your beer loving attitude, mate. It reminds me why I start popping cans at 10 A.M. :) I love that you take your time with T.I.M., that tells me that you've got your heart in it, in other words, it will be one hell of a game :) It's because of people like you that the GP2X will live forever!
Double post, but agree exactly! You too, Alex! It's the best part of the scene, homebrew. IMO anyway.

lubidog said:
I will come and do all your work so long as you don't abandon this game!

Alex. said:
Double post, but agree exactly! You too, Alex! It's the best part of the scene, homebrew. IMO anyway.

I agree. I think beer should also be a highly intricate part of the GP2x scene, everything is better when you are drunk!

I'm never drunk when I code ( before and after maybe :D )...And I'm not going to abandon T.I.M ( I certainly didn't say that lol )

I just have to sort a little work out and all will be fine B)

Never drunk when I code though I do drink beer whilst coding most of the time :lol:

Anyway back to T.I.M.

Once I get all my work out of the way, I'll be sorting what was planned ( evidently ), and I'll get the long distance jumpgate functions working ( including map and system select ).

More info in September B)

lubidog said:
It's the best part of the scene, homebrew. IMO anyway.
the beer talk is funny considering it's probably where the word homebrew comes from :)

Updating this a little, I don't want my project to be considered dead or anything equally silly lol

I'm partially putting Project T.I.M. on hold until the new F-200 is available ( I suppose it'll be a month more or less so no big deal ), it'll do me good anyway as I need a little more rest and still have some loose bits of work to do :)

I say partially because I will be doing some minor work on T.I.M. in the meantime, just nothing special

Of course :) , menu, map, radar, target ( in map/radar ), will also be touchscreen compatible if this is easy enough to implement.

As for the new Project Bumblebee ( Craiginator ), well, that's going to be another story, once I have one of those in my hands, Project T.I.M. will receive extended graphics ( as for now they are locked to the GP2X resolution ). In other words, we'll have a widescreen version, touchscreen, and we'll see what other luxuries can be added to that :D

I also have another little GP2X project or two in mind, but all this is going to take a little time still, so I won't give more details for now.

Project T.I.M. is still being worked on, I'm redesigning some of the ships and performing other cosmetic operations... The main reason to redesign the ships and so on is because I don't have my original models anymore and I needed bigger versions of the ships for the shipyard and some of the mission displays :)

This is the new type II Falcon class fighter ( forgive the interlaced effect ), I'm doing all smoothing by hand and this ship isn't finished yet :lol:

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/project-tim/a-falcon.avi

Anyway, the game was quite advanced when work slowed down, I have to correct a couple of bugs that have been present for quite a while, and of course see if I can ( finally ) release a bugtester version ASAP

Right, I'll provide more info soon, I've had a couple of busy and problematic months but I'm back on the road to mutation :p ( I was having a hard time finding this thread too lol )

X-Code said:
Anyway, the game was quite advanced when work slowed down, I have to correct a couple of bugs that have been present for quite a while, and of course see if I can ( finally ) release a bugtester version ASAP
Awesome, looking forward to your game

Back