Syncing data from pandora to PC?

Foxgod

Hola guys,

Currently when i backup the data on my sd cards to my pc, i copy the contend of both the sd cards to the pc.

However i find this a bit tedious, and i dont think its good for the lifetime of the SD cards either.

is there a way to sync data between the pandora and the PC, so that only modified data is copied to pc, then i can do a daily backup without too much hassle.

If this PC of yours was Linux/Unix based(cygwin would work in windows) I'd suggest rsync.. quick command line tool for syncing files and will only copy over files that are new or modified. Could make it into a quick script file

Code:
rsync -av /PATH/OF/YOURFILESONPANDORA/ /PATH/OF/YOURPCSTORAGEFOLDER/

Last edited by a moderator:
we use a program at work called ice mirror. you set master directory and a sync directory. the prog will check both locations and only update whats different.

it will work over your network, so you can set the Pandy up point the sync directory at the SD card and the master directory to a folder on your PC then do a full sync... there are various levels of comparison. I.E date,time,file size ....

hope this helps....

Last edited by a moderator:
For Unix systems I recommend rsync, for Windows robocopy (there are frontends for it too) or the freeware SyncBack.

Back