Super Mario 64 Lags...

I can run Super Mario 64 at 500mhz without any lag. any other game requires a bit of overclocking.

Permission denied. sudo hasn't helped.
Huh... I guess try backing everything up and completely erasing the card(partition table included) and starting over...

Apparently 2 is a frameskip of 1 so I don't understand what the numbers mean *scratches head*
Frameskip N means display every Nth frame.

If it is 1, it displays every single frame. If it is 2, it displays every second frame (skipping 1). If it is 9, it displays every ninth frame, skipping 8. Etc...

It's just syntactic sugar, a different way of saying the same thing. Either the emulator says "display every Nth frame (skipping every N-1 frames)" or "skip N frames (displaying every N+1th frame)"
Okay that's what I thought. I read a post that said 2 was a frameskip of 1. When really 2 is a frameskip of 2, but it skips one frame. Either it was posted wrong, or I read it wrong.

I'm running the latest I think how do I enable frameskip I do not see it under the graphic config options.

I don't know what settings you guys have to get it playable at 600mhz or even 500 but mines are VSYNC set to 60hz, frameskip render rate set to 1 (is that frameskip?) and using the Gles v0.0.4 with Notaz's OSS audio r2 plugin and Mario lags like crazy.

Running "Mupen64Plus vwin-devel"

Tried 850 and it is still kind of slow but not unplayable. Is it not ready for no frameskip and vsync enabled?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what settings you guys have to get it playable at 600mhz or even 500 but mines are VSYNC set to 60hz, frameskip render rate set to 1 (is that frameskip?) and using the Gles v0.0.4 with Notaz's OSS audio r2 plugin and Mario lags like crazy.

Running "Mupen64Plus vwin-devel"

Tried 850 and it is still kind of slow but not unplayable. Is it not ready for no frameskip and vsync enabled?

Vsync set to 60 doesn't lag out mine..

My config..

Code:
#gles2n64 Graphics Plugin for N64

#by Orkin / glN64 developers and Adventus.

config version=1

#These values are the physical pixel dimensions of

#your screen. They are only used for centering the

#window.

screen width=800

screen height=480

#The Window position and dimensions specify how and

#where the games will appear on the screen. Enabling

#Centre will ensure that the window is centered

#within the screen (overriding xpos/ypos).

window enable x11=1

window fullscreen=1

window centre=1

window xpos=0

window ypos=0

window width=800

window height=480

#Enabling offscreen frambuffering allows the resulting

#image to be upscaled to the window dimensions. The

#framebuffer dimensions specify the resolution which

#gles2n64 will render to.

framebuffer enable=1

framebuffer bilinear=0

framebuffer width=800

framebuffer height=480

#Frameskipping allows more CPU time be spent on other

#tasks than GPU emulation, but at the cost of a lower

#framerate.

frame render rate=2

#Vertical Sync Divider (0=No VSYNC, 1=60Hz, 2=30Hz, etc)

vertical sync=1

#These options enable different rendering paths, they

#can relieve pressure on the GPU / CPU.

enable fog=0

enable primitive z=1

enable lighting=1

enable alpha test=1

enable clipping=0

enable face culling=1

#Texture Bit Depth (0=force 16bit, 1=either 16/32bit, 2=force 32bit)

texture depth=1

texture mipmap=0

texture 2xSAI=0

texture force bilinear=0

texture max anisotropy=0

#

update mode=1

ignore offscreen rendering=0

force screen clear=0

use IA textures=0

As we've already stated, you've gotta use v0.0.5. v0.0.4 requires ~950mhz to play decently.

I'm using v0.0.4 without issues. 500mhz with Super Mario 64.. Using Mupen64Plus vwin-devel

What's your sound level at?
Default Settings do I need to change something?

Also I tried both v 4 and 5 with frameskip set to 0 @ 600mhz and still a bit slow. Did u guys mean it would be playable at 600 with auto frameskip on?

Also version 4 seems to have frame render rate what is this? It also does not have a frameskip option but v5 does.

hey guys I have a question regarding OoT - i am running 0.0.5 video plugin, no sound, frameskip set at 2 and the rest of the settings are default.

My panda is running at 900mhz stock voltage - which works like a charm normally - i've played for hours at 900mhz previously with no problem.

Well OoT plays very well - except for the obvious frame rate and lack of sound - BUT when I get to the castle, either in the town or just outside the moat the game freezes and I have to force reboot my panda since it won't respond.

my question is - has anyone played through OoT on their panda without recurring glitches? If so, could you please share your settings with me? Will save me time trying every combination and permutation.

BTW sound for Mario64 is jumpy yeah? I always have mupen sound turned off because it sounds terrible LOL

Also I tried both v 4 and 5 with frameskip set to 0 @ 600mhz and still a bit slow. Did u guys mean it would be playable at 600 with auto frameskip on?

Also version 4 seems to have frame render rate what is this? It also does not have a frameskip option but v5 does.
I play with v5 with frame render rate 1(display every frame; frameskip) and 800mhz.It runs fine at 600mhz frame render rate 2, but mario sometimes goes invisible if he's hurt with 2.

I'm not sure what auto frameskip does.

@ Scorpio My sound is flawless in Mario 64. Are you using notaz's plugin?

I haven't tried OoT. I've beaten that game too many times already. :p

Managed to reflash my Pandora and the game works perfectly fine after (a dropped frame or two here or there but otherwise fine).

Managed to reflash my Pandora and the game works perfectly fine after (a dropped frame or two here or there but otherwise fine).
Ok that concerns me why would reflashing the firmware of you're Pandora fix emulator problems?

Ok that concerns me why would reflashing the firmware of you're Pandora fix emulator problems?
He mentioned tweaks to the Pandora. Maybe one of those tweaks resulted in a library getting loaded incorrectly, or some other things running hogging up CPU (actually, we never did ask for an output of top. Might have helped), or some tweaks to the X server that made graphics drawing less efficient? Who knows, lots of possible reasons.

when you mean clock speed is that done from mini menu where it says 500.

My from there goes upto 900mhz,how can you go up to 1000mhz plus the system froze at 900mhz.

Back