Super Mario 64 Lags...

ChaosWarmech

So I can't get Super Mario64 to a playable speed. I've tried the oldest and the newest version of Mupen64 on the file archive, but they lag equally. I'm seeing other people post that it runs full speed without frameskip, so surely I'm just missing something.. I've tried setting frame skip all the way up to 6 and setting vsync at 30hz in the conf file, but that didn't help in the slightest...

Any ideas?

Alright it runs well at 950mhz.

According to this post() it runs fine without overclocking. Is that just a fib? How high do you have to OC to get it to run well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats odd, its perfectly playable at 600mhz for me even with sound. I messed around with various versions and settled with one that didn't use picklelauncher.

Ah, alright I figured it out. At first I was using a version with only one option for video plugin. But now I have R1B5 and was able to switch to gles2n64 v0.0.5 and it works fine at 600mhz. A couple stutters starting up, but runs fine.

Are there save states for mupen64? I can't find a mention to them anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with that plugin selected Super Mario 64 lags for me too...not to mention everything else.

Do I need to change my graphics settings or something?

PS: Clock speed = 800mhz (and I don't really want to risk putting it higher).

Yea, get the latest version of Mupen(R1B5) and then switch the Video Plugin from v0.0.4 to v0.0.5 and you should see huge improvement.

Mario 64 and F-Zero X are both running pretty well at 600MHz for me now. Which required 950mhz to run well with v0.0.4

My settings are

CPU Core: Dynamic Recompiler

Video Plugin: v0.0.5

Audio Plugin: notaz's OSS audio r2

I'm pretty sure those are all defaults except the video plugin. I haven't changed anything in the .conf files. What do you have set up?

Back