Super Mario Rpg Emulation On The Wiz (Snes)

Travis B

Still Fresh
Hello. First off, I think this is where I post this type of question. If not, then I'm sorry. Please no ripping on me for posting in the wrong place. First day registered on the site here.

I just got the GP2X Wiz, and the new Pocketsnes 6.5.0 is fantastic. When I heard Super Mario RPG was running in full speed, I was really excited.
I tried running it, and it ran great...until I found out that whenever you enter a large area with lots of moving objects, it becomes laggy as Hell, and the sound is laggy also.
Any help on getting it to run fullspeed throughout the whole game as well as normal sound, would be just great.
The Wiz Firmware is 1.1.0

Here is the SNES directory on my WIZ:
- Games (Folder)
- options (Folder)
- savestate (Folder)
- sram (Folder)
- pocketsnes.gpe (6.5.0)
- snesadvance.dat
- warm_2.6.24.ko

And here are the settings in "SNES Options":
-Sound: On
-Sound Rate: 22050 Mono
-Frameskip: 0
-Region: AUTO
-Show FPS: ON
-Transparencies: ON
-Cpu Speed: 850
-Render Mode: Unscaled
-Action Buttons: Swapped
-Emulation (Reset Required): Fast
-Advanced Hacks (Audio Performance Hack is ON, but all others are off)
-Saving SRAM: Manual

Any other files I need to add? Any settings I need to change?

In conclusion, any help AT ALL would be greatly appreciated.

Travis B

Hello. Interesting post and info. Where can I download the Wiz version of PocketSNES and Picodrive, could you please help me? I need to beta test them.. Thanks I really appreciate it =)

Coolbros2X said:
Hello. Interesting post and info. Where can I download the Wiz version of PocketSNES and Picodrive, could you please help me? I need to beta test them.. Thanks I really appreciate it =)
try this: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ve never played that game but generally for a smoother play it´s recomended to put FRAMERATE: AUTO and TRANSPARENCIES: OFF. With that you will gain some frames for sure.

Sorry for my bad english.

Back