Suggestions For Gpmagazine-six?

EvilDragon posted on Oct 26 2004 at 06:19 PM said:
Somebody really should make an interview with hooka :p

Or when Hooka runs out of people he just might interview himself. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark posted on Oct 26 2004 at 10:48 AM said:
[*]The Top 50 Quotes From GP32x
This sounds good, although I bet you'd struggle to find 50. Trawling through past threads doesn't help find "the funny" in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

I've had [what I think is] a great idea... Run a MEGA POLL on gp32x of all the half decent homebrew games until you have the best 10 or so games and do a feature on them and/or review them properly. I've said before how there's a serious lack of decent ranking system for the homebrew stuff (pdroms just isn't facile enough) and this would sort out the men from the boys so to speak

If you don't know what I mean by mega poll, check out what they do on msx.org:

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

And don't forget Defendguin ;)

How about a feature (or a regular series) on projects which won't work on GP32 and explain why. They could be definative answers as to why the GP32 will never emulate Saturn for example, just to put the issues to rest and do a brief profile of the machine. It needn't be a negative article as it would be quite illuminating reading about the technical challenges, comparing the specs and what sort of future GP64 would be needed...? Also a nice excuse to profile some games etc which aren't yet linked to the GP32 scene and the best emulators of that system for other platforms until we get our own. You could get the leading coders to have a Zzap style quote on their opinion of each emulation project's prospects etc etc...?

Also there are lots of interviews with the developers of our scene etc but what about profiling a random board user each time so we can start to see a cross-section of our community and get to know average users - a bit about themselves, where they first heard about it, when & where they bought their GP32, what they love and hate about it and the scene, what their hopes are for the future etc and what their top 5 files are on the SMC...?

®

I'm liking these ideas.

Putting a few of your ideas together what about if everyone who wants to take part emails me the top 5 games (homebrew, rom or port) on the GP32 and two games that aren't emulated properly?

I might set up a form later.

Back