Suggestions For A New Job

PoisonedV said:
I'm in organic chemistry, and I have no idea what to do after I get out. Hopefully i can just get some lab monkey job at the university
Okay, I have to admit I had never even heard of organic chemistry. How did you get into something as specific as that without it being linked to a specific career?

Last edited by a moderator:
TaG said:
Okay, I have to admit I had never even heard of organic chemistry. How did you get into something as specific as that without it being linked to a specific career?
Organic chemistry is a very broad area of study, even if you haven't heard of it :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant specific in as much as I didn't think it would open a broad range of career opportunities. I know I could still be wrong here, so if you want to enlighten me, I am curious.

It is basically anything to do with molecules containing carbon. So anything involving oil, plastics, alcohols etc.

You can do a load of things with organic chemistry. Medicinal science, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biochemistry and petrochemistry, to name a few.

EDIT: Damn spam filter.

Even if you don't have any 3D exp, you should write and show off (maybe here in this forum) the games that you've worked on.

A buddy of mine got a job at Obsidian (Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, etc) and interviewed with writers of the original Fallout series. He showed them that he was a true gamer and showed them games he's worked on (even though none completely by himself) and got the job.

The point is to have something to show.

Back