Sub-sub Notebooks

The problem with all these other devices is, unless they are from Nokia or one of the big UMPC companies, they'll get jack shit as far as community and support goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring 'em on!
I can't wait.
They most likely won't be open source, so Pandora will be ahead of the game, for a while at least.
But more people writing and porting for netbook-type arm processors is a good thing.

But more people writing and porting for netbook-type arm processors is a good thing.

Exactly! And Nokia's next IT will be an OMAP3, too. Overall that makes the OMAP3 a strong and broad platform to port to and code for :D

Edit:
To clarify, it's not necessarily OMAP3 used in those netbooks, but at least the same ARM CPU like Pandora.

I REALLY want a 10" laptop based on omap3. If I cared about gaming, I would have gotten a pandora, but the small screen and keyboard were just inadequate for my needs. Anything with a battery time lower than 8-10h is also inadequate.

hmm, when I think of sub-notebooks I always think of something the size of a Toshiba Libretto (or the Eeepc, since the Libretto is rare), IE something you can actually type on if your fingers can get out of their own way.

The palmtop or PDA size clamshells are really too small to do this on. If they can't use a larger keyboard for extended typing jams then I don't see the point. (I doubt that device supports any external devices, besides the touted BT internet)

For $127 I think it may be neat, but I have my doubts as to internet use, can it even play Youtube?

They look cool; but that's the thing, they only look cool. That first one is very expensive, and as for the second one, it's only $20 less than the :pandora1: and I think that $20 dollars more for gaming controls is definitely worth it.

Back