Stupid Question About Kof

Melville

I'm trying to persudae KOF-91 to work, but can't work it out. The zips I have downloaded (from this site, gp32spain and from what looks like the developer's site) all just contain a .gxb file and a slightly confusing readme.

I've tried just copying the file into the gpmm\ folder. When I run it like this, the screen goes black for a moment (~1/2 a second) then the GP32 resets.

I know I need to add characters and backgrounds etc, but can't find a coherent explaination of the necessary file structure anywhere. The FAQ mentions a few folder names, but doesn't say where the folders are... e.g. all inside "gpmm\kof91\" ?

Even without the correct file structure, I suspect it shouldn't simply reboot. My GP only overclocks to ~140 mHz, which may be the cause of the problem.

If anyone has any advice they're willing to share about file structure and getting the thing to work, I'd be very grateful :). My morning bus journeys need this little bit of bloody violence!

Thanks,
Melville

Yo !

KOF91 should work (but you are not alone to get problems with it).

folders :

GPMM\KOF91 : fxe & some data like open.flc, intro.flc and some .ini + title.pcx

GPMM\KOF91\SPRITES : all sprites (*.pcx) + *.zip for characters + folders if some characters are not zipped

GPMM\KOF91\BKGDS : backgrounds (pcx or flc)
GPMM\KOF91\BKGDS\FRGDS : foregrounds (pcx)

GPMM\KOF91\MIDI : musix (not midi files, but .mod), one for each background.

GPMM\KOF91\WAV : generic audio (*.wav)

and don't forget : FONT.PCX and FONT.TXT must be in GPMM\KOF91\SPRITES

I hope it will help.

Thor

Vimcas posted on Mar 8 2004 at 12:28 AM said:
RTFM
search the forums
RTFM again
serach the forums one more
think about it
and THAN poste k?
As I said in my post, I've read three different versions of the readmes, each from a zip downloaded from a different source. Although the readmes I found mention the differrent folder names, they don't make mention of where the folders should be relative to each other.

Searching the forums for kof91 and kof-91 bring up about ten results each, none of which answered my question. It's impossible to search for just kof (used in most posts about it) because it's below the minimum number of characters that the search engine requires.

That said, I've no objection to this thread being deleted if the MODs think it's a waste of space on the board.

rtb7 / Thor - Thanks very much for your help, I'll give that a try now. :)

Have fun,
Melville

Last edited by a moderator:
Back