Gbvgb Emulation Question

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
So I've been using fGB32 until now and I've found that GBVGB runs a little faster and just feels a bit better. But I can't work out if it's possible to save the SRAM, it seems to load up my previous SRAM saves, I presume they were saved with fGB.

Also, it doesn't support zipped roms, so when I zip them up in the GPMM\GB folder to use in fGB32 I get all sorts of nasty characters in the file list

Another question, I notice the version on GP32X downloads is 11, but GP32EMU have version 11 alpha, and the filesize and datestamp on the files are different. Can anyone enlighten me as to which is the latest version, or if it has a website?

cheers in advance

ps. there's no readme in the zip and no website to look for info in...

In my version downloaded from Zophar I've got a readme. I had tested it but it's buggier than FGB32 on the games I prefer. Furthermore the fullscreen mode is sluggish.

GPVGB does allow you to save, you just have to exit back to the rom select menu (With L or R, I forget which one) after you have saved in the game.

Just use the one on GP32x.

So I've been using fGB32 until now and I've found that GBVGB runs a little faster and just feels a bit better. But I can't work out if it's possible to save the SRAM, it seems to load up my previous SRAM saves, I presume they were saved with fGB.

Also, it doesn't support zipped roms, so when I zip them up in the GPMM\GB folder to use in fGB32 I get all sorts of nasty characters in the file list

Another question, I notice the version on GP32X downloads is 11, but GP32EMU have version 11 alpha, and the filesize and datestamp on the files are different. Can anyone enlighten me as to which is the latest version, or if it has a website?

cheers in advance

ps. there's no readme in the zip and no website to look for info in...
The SRAM in fGB can be used in GPVGB, though you will first have to find out which is which by some trial and error. fGB saves the SRAM with some random 8 character name, it will also save the save states with the same name, so for instance save 9 saves states with the one you want to transfer. This way you can easily see which SRAM belongs to the game (since it will have 9 saves states with the same name) then just rename it according to the GPVGB sram name system (which is <gamename.sav> I believe).

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replies guys

I was trying to play zelda as it's much faster on ~vgb and I guess I just haven't reached a save point yet and can't find an option to save. I guess the old sram files where from when I first checked out this emu all that time ago....

still curious if there's any difference between the two sites versions

I was trying to play zelda as it's much faster on ~vgb and I guess I just haven't reached a save point yet and can't find an option to save
what zelda you playing? i know that you have to press a,b,start,select to save on links awakening or just kill yourself and an option to save will come up. i dunno how to save on OOS & OOA because i havent really played them

I was trying to play zelda as it's much faster on ~vgb and I guess I just haven't reached a save point yet and can't find an option to save
what zelda you playing? i know that you have to press a,b,start,select to save on links awakening or just kill yourself and an option to save will come up. i dunno how to save on OOS & OOA because i havent really played them
you diamond, it is links awakening and that works a treat.... thanks

Back