Stupid Noob Question

Something to break up the fun innuendos:

Every now and then my Pandora will make a sorta electric-y sounding... noise. Wish I could describe it better. Does anyone recognise that? =P

You're probably not calibrating them enough. Remember to let the nub center during calibration! Release it and let it slide to the middle! Alongside all the other dancing, that is. And don't touch the nubs when the system is booting up, else you'll have to reboot. (There's nothing for you to unplug and replug.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to break up the fun innuendos:

Every now and then my Pandora will make a sorta electric-y sounding... noise. Wish I could describe it better. Does anyone recognise that? =P
Does this clicking sound happen also with your wifi off? If not it's probably the famous wifi chip capacitor - nothing to worry about.

You're probably not calibrating them enough. Remember to let the nub center during calibration! Release it and let it slide to the middle! Alongside all the other dancing, that is. And don't touch the nubs when the system is booting up, else you'll have to reboot. (There's nothing for you to unplug and replug.)
actually the nubs area always calibrating themselves, without anything from the os, so do a little nub dance on startup then leave them centred :D
Okay, I'll try that! Thank you! ^^

Does this clicking sound happen also with your wifi off? If not it's probably the famous wifi chip capacitor - nothing to worry about.
It happens more when the wi-fi is on, but also sometimes when it's off...

It's probably not a problem, just makes me a tiny bit worried it's gonna electrocute me or explode or something. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably not a problem, just makes me a tiny bit worried it's gonna electrocute me or explode or something. =P

electrocute: couldn't happen, as there's nothing powerful enough (and even if you shoved the ac connector onto your tongue it might burn a little but that's it)

explode: battery could, but it's incredibly unlikely, leave i charging for 6 months then stab it with a fork, that might do it :D

Back