Stupid Noob Question

Tenshi Cat

Still Fresh
Website
tenshi-cat.tumblr.com
Hi there! I ordered a premium Pandora a few days ago (I know that's a touchy subject for people who've been waiting ages for theirs, I'm really sorry...) and I'm really excited for it! But, I'm also a little worried - seems a lot of people who got premium ones have been saying they need to RMA them. And here's my Stupid Noob Question: what does that mean, please? Searching the forums, website and Wiki didn't seem to answer that for me.

Thanks! I hope people get on well with me here! =3

Also; Don't get scared because you see so many RMA'd units. This is the place where people that have issues come to post, there are far more units that are working fine, people just don't make topics about this.

Congrats on the pandora order, I'll join you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, thank you very much, you two! ^w^

By the way, I was alerted to the existence of the Pandora by Dr Ashen's review, and I'm sure many other people were too. Good publicity! =3

By the way, I was alerted to the existence of the Pandora by Dr Ashen's review, and I'm sure many other people were too. Good publicity! =3
Loads were!

And BTW, welcome!

Newb: somebody new who will learn.

N00b: somebody new who will not learn.

Good Luck to you when you get your Pandora, like people say the units that had to be sent back for RMA were only a few ( a handful i would say), probably about 2 or 3 out of the 2000 that have been delivered needed to be sent back for newer units(approximate)

Same here, im also currently awaiting my Pandora. Also.. What is the diffrence between the Premium and the normal pandora? is it just the delivery date or?. I remember reading something about it being because the Preordered Pandoras were cheaper? But i don't really know tbh.

Preorders are mainly the first people (external to OpenPandora Team of course) that put money into the pandora by preordering units.

At the time OpenPandora Team didn't have a clear idea of the costs linked to the manufacturing so the price was not covering the production costs.

So they started the whole Premium action to be able to deliver pandoras to all the preorderers.

Basically, if there was no preorders, there wouldn't be Pandoras, but if there was no premiums, they couldn't keep on producing Pandoras.

Both were/are necessary.
wink.gif

Premium buyers get their Pandora fast, but at higher price, Preorderers get their Pandora slowly (2+ years for some), but at lower price.

Ah, then i understand it much better. Even though i never had the cheaper price option i still woulden't have bought it if i didn't think the Pandora was worth it, which i believe it is. :)

Loads were!
And BTW, welcome!

Newb: somebody new who will learn.

N00b: somebody new who will not learn.

Ahh, cool!

Thankies! I hope I can be a newb and not a n00b, then! x3

Good Luck to you when you get your Pandora, like people say the units that had to be sent back for RMA were only a few ( a handful i would say), probably about 2 or 3 out of the 2000 that have been delivered needed to be sent back for newer units(approximate)
Ahh okay, thank you! ^^

Same here, im also currently awaiting my Pandora.
Cool, hope yours arrives soon! =3

Rubber

Manufacturers

Association
Hahaha! So, some peoples' Pandoras need condoms!

Well, it arrived and I'm very pleased with it so far! =D

Not so pleased with the case though, it doesn't fit! After a lot of stretching it and turning it inside-out, it will squeeze in, but not without the shoulder buttons being pressed in the whole time.

Well, it arrived and I'm very pleased with it so far! =D

Not so pleased with the case though, it doesn't fit! After a lot of stretching it and turning it inside-out, it will squeeze in, but not without the shoulder buttons being pressed in the whole time.

Give it time, it'll fit better later.

Back