Stuck & Dead Pixels Help!

Even though you don't have your receipt I would still return it. If you purchased with a credit card that is your receipt right there. BTW why would you throw the box out? What if you ever wanted to sell it in the future. It would make it be worth a tad more. Regardless I would contact play-asia first.

This must be a somewhat known issue with dead pixels. My unit over the last few days has had the same thing happen to it. i have a dead group EXACTLY like the pictures as well as a large number of absolute random dead ones. im pretty positive its not dirt and if it is, thats even worse cause it means you MUST have a screen protector on it not for pertection from your styles or maybe the loose change in your pocket, but for simple dirt molecules.....not good....... Remembering that this a touchscreen device though, its a scary thought that you can get dead pixels so easily......to me, there is no difference between a styles and a penny. both should be able to make contact without an issue. Plus, i think they were dead because the different colors they emit. i only see some at certain times depending on the background color. if they were just dirt specs, id see all the dots no matter what the background (except black obviously) Thankfully though, GP2Xstore.com was more then happy to help me out. I read on their site that you just go to your order page and there is a request RMA button. i couldn't open my order for some reason so i emailed them. i got a response within a few hours and they attached the RMA document for me and gave me instructions. they said they would ship me a new unit when the new stock comes in which he said was about June 20th, and they receive the old one. So, overall, a good experience and despite the crappy situation, i got an easy fix =)

Just figured id post to clarify a real issue and reassure that they will take care of it. the same should go for any online retailer.

Xenjoi

Just figured id post to clarify a real issue and reassure that they will take care of it. the same should go for any online retailer.

Xenjoi
wow. Two people with this issue. Maybe it's a bad batch? I got mine from GP2XSTORE.com, and I don't have a single dead or stuck, or otherwise faulty pixel on the screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late response to this thread my connection was out for a brief time , this is the email play-asia has sent me and to no avail I have not received any feedback

Your recent order #****** at Play-Asia.com‏
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Thu 6/04/09 7:53 PM
To: ******

Hello ******

I am sorry for the delay in answering your e-mail, we are currently checking with our supplier about your consoles problem.

If there's any news regarding your console we will get back to you immediately.

In case of any further question, please hit the 'reply' button to ask.

Best regards,
Arfat
Play-Asia.com Customer Support
enquiry@play-asia.com

and thats about it the problem keeps getting worse im afraid theres gonna be a point that all these dead pixels will make my screen unusable

2ldftaq.jpg

The dead pixels are slowly multiplying and play - asia seems to do nothing about it at this point. :(

I have a dead pixel but it's off on the side of the screen and it's hardly noticeble. I can also only see it at certain times and then it goes away.

given the fact that the dead pixels are apparently multiplying, how likely is it that current screens which are working perfectly will develop dead pixels in the near future... and suffer the same fate?

If playasia isn't helping you out, I would call my cc company and issue a chargeback. There is no reason anyone should have to pay for defective products.

Chris

given the fact that the dead pixels are apparently multiplying, how likely is it that current screens which are working perfectly will develop dead pixels in the near future... and suffer the same fate?
Has anyone who has had a development Wiz had this issue at all? None of mine do and I haven't heard of anyone else having an issue so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent out another e-mail im beginning to lose faith in their 6 month warranty . If they reply without the proper answer im looking for im gonna have to do a call to my CC and a chargeback. I should of bought my Wiz from GBAX.com or shop.gp2x.de . The Wiz is a great product im just dissapointed on my distributer of choice whom keeps little contact with me. :(

Hey. Got my wiz on play-Asia too and I got the same problem. Bkach dots all over the screen and IRS getting worst by the time. Got in touch with them and they said that they'll be glad to change it.

Peter R said:
Has anyone who has had a development Wiz had this issue at all? None of mine do and I haven't heard of anyone else having an issue so far.

Mine had. Not the first development version, but the final prototype.
And I already got one more in Germany with that problem...

Last edited:
2ldftaq.jpg

This is exactly how mine looked except for the bottom pixels. I returned it to gp2xstore.com, and got a new unit. Guess what. It's got dead pixels right out of the box.

Hello,

For my first post I'll show you the screen of my brand new GP2x
I think that there is a real plague on OLED screens :blink:
The screen you is what I got out of the box on a sealed GP2X Wiz

14102009232.jpg

Back