Stop Telling Us You've Canceled Your Order

what ledow said!

I think it is quite relevant if people cancel, and it lets everyone else know they are one step closer. Talking about quartercast shit really has nothing to do with pandora. quartercast, please post your dumping habits off-topic!

/Uni

i sold mine for a ridiculous amount of money :) mabe this will become the new (i have canceled my order)

paddy said:
i sold mine for a ridiculous amount of money :) mabe this will become the new (i have canceled my order)
When did that happen? Just a couple hours ago you were still bothered by nub troubles. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
LiquidG said:
Really curious actually, after waiting 1-2 Years, just after Units get out in the Wild people are cancelling Orders.

Do they like wake up next morning .OMG what have I done I cancelled...........

kinda the opposite of buyers remorse..

hum,
- some bad points on review?
- no real news on the upcoming 3000 following pandora (and without any information it looks like it will take many months to finish them all)?
- a quite interesting 3DS anounced (no keyboard, closed source and everything, but some people are just gamers)?

I'll keep my order there, but I see plenty of (bad?) reason to cancel an order, even now that the first one were sent...

quartercast said:
Couldn't agree more. Like I give a rats arse if you've cancelled, what do you want? A prize? Why don't you rack off back to gbatemp, you self-centred bunch of twits.

HAHAHA awesome post, post is awesome. :)

u9i said:
what ledow said!

I think it is quite relevant if people cancel, and it lets everyone else know they are one step closer. Talking about quartercast shit really has nothing to do with pandora. quartercast, please post your dumping habits off-topic!

/Uni

+1

It was a pretty crappy post.

I don't have any problems with people posting their cancellations if they have something useful to say or have been an strong part of the community for awhile. I do wish they would stick to one thread so we don't have 20% of the front page full of different threads all about the same thing, not to mention even more threads (like this one) mocking those threads.

[Ok, I just counted and it's only four actual cancellation threads and two threads about other people canceling out of 28 topics (not counting stickies) so either 14% or 21% depending on how you think of it.]

atomicthumbs said:
We don't need to know. Just shush up and let people who want a Pandora buy one, OK? Thanks. :)

Wow, quite the outburst of rabid fanboy ass slurping there, definitely not a good look on you. Those people have put up with a load of shit for two years and have more than earned the right to rant from the loss of currency valuation alone. None of them are stopping you from buying up every pandora available and are even helping by telling you when another one is.

Yeah, there's no small irony that those supporting an "open" product should wish to silence the doubters. And if you can't understand why people would cancel now then I guess you can't have been keeping up with the problems some units have had. If you don't like it, don't read it. They are perfectly justified in cancelling, and explaining why; any organisation that doesn't pay attention to people who are unsatisfied usually makes a very poor job of keeping its customers happy.

It's not about censorship or silencing doubters, it's about the fact that each person feels they deserve their own thread to advertise their personal decision, which is unecessary and clogs up the boards. The mods should merge any such posts into one.

If it's that unnecessary, then no-one else will post on said thread and it will drop off the front page into obscurity quickly. The boards have always been clogged up with needless threads, frankly; I've never seen a forum more full of complete conjecture, often based on total fantasy reported as fact.

inb4 "what about all the 'just got my Pandora and here is a review' posts?" post.
If you'll look, each review post spawns some large discussion, because people enjoy talking about and asking about the Pandoras that have arrived.
The only "discussion" that goes on in cancel threads is people complaining about why someone is talking about canceling. :p

WizardStan said:
If you'll look, each review post spawns some large discussion, because people enjoy talking about and asking about the Pandoras that have arrived.
Most of the "discussion" is either along the line of "Yeah, dude, love it" or "Wish I had mine", etc. If there weren't signatures on this board, you'd get most of the replies into a single page.

And ask yourself why people are asking about them.....

This entire forum seems to consist of 'I got my Pandora' or 'I don't want my Pandora' at the moment. Not a problem, as I just ignore threads I'm not interested in. Makes it a bit boring for me though, as the ratio of owners to non owners is in favour of the latter.

I don't get the point of saying you've canceled unless it is to say goodbye, deprived of social contact, or just to blow off some steam. For those who have under 100, maybe even 1000 posts, I feel it is just to blow off some steam or get attention.

For those that are not regular posters saying goodbye it is just really selfish, it is like digging for sympathy, they want people to say 'oh, that is too bad, I'm feel so sorry for you', these people need to suck it up and get some help. The others in the 'not regular posters' category just want to inflict some sort of pain or trouble into the community.

Then there is the third category that may or may not exist, no way to tell: Those who have never pre-ordered and are just posting that they have and canceled. How do we know that all these 'I've canceled' threads are from people that pre-ordered? These people are deprived of attention and like to start really long threads, it makes them feel good.

I agree, if you're not a regular and have just been looking at this forum off and on for a year or so don't tell us you canceled. No one cares, go get your needed attention somewhere else. The best place would be to go outside and talk to a girl(or guy if your a girl or gay), you'll get a much better way out of what you're feeling right now than posting on a forum.

I remember several similar situations with those "I canceled", "I will never cancel" and the usual anger and fun threads following. It gets a bit boring, but whatever. Just an ordinary day on GP32X :D

if someone is just cancelling now for no reason other than not wanting to wait any more or not wanting that device any more then i really dont think we should need to hear it. thats a decision made on their own need for the device rather than anything constructive. to me its just making noise for destructive purposes.

if someone has received it and isnt happy and wants to sell it then fine it would be interesting to know why because they have experience of the device. if theyre hearing reviews and are now skeptical then fine but they should at least say so.

i think the problem with the order cancellers is that they're cancelling on an order that they've had no physical experience of. they will never have a genuine opinion regarding the device other than their experience of the wait and well, we all already know what this is like. all it tells us is that we we're happy to wait and they we're not.

its not a case of ass licking or being a zealot its not wanting board spamming with nothing useful at all. bring on the genuine critisisms but enough of the bullshit from people who didnt want to wait. noone is questioning their right to cancel, but i just dont need to hear about it.

djaychela said:
Yeah, there's no small irony that those supporting an "open" product should wish to silence the doubters. And if you can't understand why people would cancel now then I guess you can't have been keeping up with the problems some units have had. If you don't like it, don't read it. They are perfectly justified in cancelling, and explaining why; any organisation that doesn't pay attention to people who are unsatisfied usually makes a very poor job of keeping its customers happy.
I don't think expecting some semblance of manners is the same thing as censorship. I'm actually a bit surprised how much has been allowed considering that most of those posts were mostly trolling.

Or at least that's the only reason I've come up with. The phenomenon still puzzles me.

Back