Stop Telling Us You've Canceled Your Order

Without Order there is only chaos.We cannot cancel Order.................Without Order there is only chaos.We cannot cancel Order.................Without Order there is only chaos.We cannot cancel Order.................Without Order there is only chaos.We cannot cancel Order.................

Prometheus said:
He'd have a difficult job of that - he's got his Pandora. :p

Buyer's remorse? Poor kid must have spent all of his allowance on it, after all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say it probably messes with morale at least a little bit, so it would probably be more considerate to not tell everyone about your departure. They're all saying basically the same thing anyway.

Edit: WTF, triple pppost.

yeah, i really dont care if someone has cancelled their order. hundreds of people have cancelled why do a select few feel the need to say so? the only one i didnt mind was borgqueenx since theyve been a pretty solid member of the community so it was more of a goodbye than a bitch and moan. theres no special or new reason for people cancelling so its irrelevant, so its jut trolling. i think those posts should be closed or even deleted as there is noone here who wants to read them.

well for me as i didn't order a pandora (yet; second batch maybe) it's quite interesting to read the reasons why someone cancelled, especially because there's not that much time left to wait.

Couldn't agree more. Like I give a rats arse if you've cancelled, what do you want? A prize? Why don't you rack off back to gbatemp, you self-centred bunch of twits.

I think the purpose of announcing ones canceled order is to let the rest of the community know that the cool kids are leaving the scene, and there are only losers and dorks and hangers-on, and people who don't know how un-cool the Pandora is are the only ones who are still here, left in the arena.

Either that or its just a polite, courteous reminder, that the queue just got shorter by one.

I don't think that people who are canceling their pandora just to buy an ipad, netbook or whatever would be happy with it anyways. I don't think they have understood what they were buying in the first place. So what they are really saying when they say: "Bye, I'm of to get my netbook wich is way better than your pandora" is "I made a mistake and bought something I didn't want, lost 1,5 years on the boards, and now I feel really stupid about it."

Or, in the words of torpor, it's just a polite, courteous reminder, that the queue just got shorter by one.

I don't mind people saying they've canceled. Actually, I do enjoy the read when they provide why they're canceling, and it just means I'm now a Pandora ahead for every person that cancels. I just wish they'd do it all in one thread. It's annoying to come to the boards and find 3 "I've canceled" threads and even one "I haven't canceled" (even though I lol'd).

To be honest, what worries me more is the hate of any "doubter" just because someone made a forum post. If someone posted and you weren't interested in reading it, nobody forced you to read it, in the same way that nobody forced you to read the Dingoo forums if you're not interested in that device, etc.

I think any form of "censorship" of posts that dissent from "WOW! Pandora is great and I don't even own one yet!" would be even more negatively viewed than anything that a handful of posters (who are, basically, stating their opinions followed by what they intend to do about them) could do. Closing threads has been one of my personal bugbears on these forums, I know - and I've never had a thread of mine closed. It takes nothing in terms of bandwidth, storage, CPU time, community time, etc. to just leave these threads open and then they *wouldn't* keep being re-opened by other people. If they are being abusive or illegal, fine, shut them down. If you don't agree with the things said in them, don't contribute to them, don't read them, but why close them off and tell people what they *can* discuss and cannot? The idea of a forum is for people to get together and talk. And, yes, that includes the people you might not like, with opinions that differ to yours. Censorship of a discussion just because you don't agree with the ideas in it, or because you're tired of having that discussion, in my view, only makes things worse. Nobody is forcing you to post in every topic.

If someone held onto the community for over a year and decides to leave, that's a big event to them, even if it's not to you. If they want to make "one last post" to explain their reasons, how does it hurt you? Some of the people here have said before - it just means you're *closer* to getting what you want. On the flip-side, the people leaving all have reasons. Whether they are the same or not, it means that there is some data there for people to act on in future. You can't judge a reaction of a community without all sides getting a say. Otherwise the self-congratulatory "community" that results actually drives people away. The people who post are only a small representation of the community at large but if people are all stating the same reasons (such as "This has gone on too long, it's out of date, there are better products in the marketplace, etc.") and deciding to pull out at this late stage, it should be heeded by *someone* if only to gauge the overall reaction. I don't suggest there's anything they can do about it but there's no reason to just start chopping threads and cutting people out of the community because they disagree with you. Personally, the more critical a community is allowed to be of itself, the better the results - the people who make jokes about "Craig said two months" and such things are actually more in tune with the community and doing a better job at promoting the device and encouraging people to join in than those that jump on *any* criticism of the device / community / company. I can't work with anyone who can't laugh at themselves.

I've already stated it a dozen times but I have absolutely no intention of getting a Pandora - the device has never interested me even since before it existed, through the initial pre-orders, etc. It's just not something that I want. But I still like to read about the development, see how everything works, watch how things are handled, etc. I find it invaluable research for the future, and also to gauge exactly how seriously to take people's comments based on how they've reacted on the forums previously. And even if I'm not interested in *purchasing* the device, I can still be interested in people's opinions and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Curbing the expression of opinion is something much more detrimental to a community-supported project than anything else. The delays, problems, etc. are nothing in comparison to the way that people's own opinions, even when they are expressed eloquently and respectfully, are treated on this forum. The moderators, I've noticed, do tend to back away from most things but there have been a couple of threads which got "censored" because "it has been discussed before". I think that was totally missing the point of a forum. Someone thought it important enough to discuss still, and other people agreed enough to join in, and yet the threads were repeatedly chopped. That just makes the "community" seperate into factions, one of which will always look bad because it's the one performing the censorship.

If people want to express a reasonable opinion, if they just want to talk to themselves via a forum, if they are just looking for some support, why interfere? Let them get on with it, and just don't read that thread again. How hard is it to *not* read a thread that you're not interested in? My biggest worry if I *was* to buy anything? I'm not at all sure that the official communication and/or forum support is enough to satisfy me as a paying customer. Others have expressed that opinion and without these forums, I wouldn't *know* that. Fortunately, I'm not going to buy the device (but I still am allowed an opinion, so far!) so I don't really care, but in all my time on these forums, I'm more put off by such elitest nonsense as "close this thread because I don't agree with this person posting a quite reasonable post" than anything else that's got in the way of Pandora shipping.

Just wanted you to know, I've cancelled my 6 o'clock shit. I'll keep you all updated regarding the status of batch 2, due to arrive tomorrow morning.

Really curious actually, after waiting 1-2 Years, just after Units get out in the Wild people are cancelling Orders.

Do they like wake up next morning .OMG what have I done I cancelled...........

kinda the opposite of buyers remorse..

People have their own cutoff date. To be honest, for those beyond the first 1000 the wait is far from over.

Once those damned cases arrive from China and the team is back in control then the end of the beginning is in sight.

Back