Still Plans For Webcam Feeds?

Hey i got my confirmation email. So I don't really really care about the webcam, but this thing is over a year late... Understand people are excited. They were told about a webcam... I guess they should expect it in 2 months.......

Also, did you not spot this in the Dev blog?

[quote blog]Craig, Michael and Fatih are already working together with other folks to build Pandoras, I'll join them on Monday. I'll also setup the webcam when I'm there.
Hopefully, it will work, as Craig told me internet connection in that hall is not too reliable, but we'll see.[/quote]

That's to subtly prep you for the disappointment when there isn't a webcam. :p

as long they use a cached broadcasting system this wont be an issue.

DroneB Dev said:
God Ginrai said:
DroneB Dev said:
please let ED arrive first, his plane got delayed and had an electrical failure so it had to turn around and fly back.

http://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/14632459015

He's there now, actually.
even so, he should get some seconds to settle down and take a stretch, no one likes to setup anything just after X hours of plane and Y hours of car.

I'm not impatient. I was just correcting your statement, because it was false. (I know this sounds terse, but I can't think of any better way to say it. I'll just apologize now: Sorry)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
im not mad, just answering with a probable cause.

also the statement is not false, neither outdated, that is because i never talked about a timed assertion,
just placed a fact of the happening that "he got delayed" and placing "the plane issue" as proof.

XD, it really makes me think why people complain so much about my statements.

DroneB Dev said:
im not mad, just answering with a probable cause.

also the statement is not false, neither outdated, that is because i never talked about a timed assertion,
just placed a fact of the happening that "he got delayed" and placing "the plane issue" as proof.

XD, it really makes me think why people complain so much about my statements.

The statement is false, see here:

DroneB Dev said:
please let ED arrive first, his plane got delayed and had an electrical failure so it had to turn around and fly back.

The part of text that I have bolded implies that EvilDragon has not yet arrived. Since he has, that statement is therefore false.

-God Ginrai

on the worst you can only call it outdated, not false. not to say it is rude to call an absolute on most of the modern languages.

or are you saying that if i ever write john is not here, and then john comes, what i said was lie?

also language leaves the possibility of ambiguous interpretation,

"please let X arrive first" can mean what you said, but it
doesn't mean completely that X hasn't arrived but can just imply and order for the things to be done.

and "please let X arrive first" can be used even if X has already arrived, as the expression of let him settle and rest first, like "give him a breath".
its not like you're putting a glass of breath and give it to him. see!

ok i start to see why people on this forum complain so much about my words, they seem unable to understand metaphors.

EDIT:
XD, also everyone should stop being a grammar natzi since this is a international Board.

DroneB Dev said:
and "please let X arrive first" can be used even if X has already arrived, as the expression of let him settle and rest first, like "give him a breath".
its not like you're putting a glass of breath and give it to him. see!

I have never seen or heard of such a use. Can you please point me to a credible source that defines such a use? Also, "give him a breath" doesn't have the same implication problems as your statement, so I do not see the similarity.

-God Ginrai

people sometimes say "let him arrive first" when greetings to someone who has just arrived are way too overwhelming or too pushy for things (like kids asking for gifts).

example:

ding dong.
adult - Everyone! grandpa is here!
granddaughter - yeeah!, hi grandpa!, wheres my kiss.
grandson - she gets a kiss, wheres my gift??
granddaughter - wait! i want a gift too!!!
kids start complaining about who should get a gift.
adult - calm down!!! let grandpa arrive first!!

EDIT:
if you expect me to quote/link something then forget it,
writing something in this boards gets you the kind of responses you expect from sheldon cooper.

DroneB Dev said:
people sometimes say "let him arrive first" when greetings to someone who has just arrived are way too overwhelming or too pushy for things (like kids asking for gifts).

example:

ding dong.
adult - Everyone! grandpa is here!
granddaughter - yeeah!, hi grandpa!, wheres my kiss.
grandson - she gets a kiss, wheres my gift??
granddaughter - wait! i want a gift too!!!
kids start complaining about who should get a gift.
adult - calm down!!! let grandpa arrive first!!

I've heard "let grandpa get settled in first!" but never "arrive"

-God Ginrai

Well that's just arguing semantics. I've never reallly heard it either but just thiinking about it makes sense... The arrival is the whole process of travel, walking in the door, unpacking, getting situated, taking a shit/piss, eating, etc.... Maybe they meant let him do all/some of that.

its the very same argument over if a strawberry is a fruit or if the glass is half empty or half full.
on the end you cannot talk about absolutes on the gray area of speech and disambiguation, and i also repeat that
talking with absolutes is rude at least i can say "for sure" it is in chinese and spanish.

If it makes anyone feel better, I've heard people use 'arrive' in that way.

That doesn't mean this isn't the stupidest 'discussion' in the last 24hrs though, linuxftw included.

Obligatory get-out-of-jail-free smiley face ---> :)

XD, i apologize for the far Offtopic,

but my vote falls on the discussion about the charger leaded by linuxftw :D

DroneB Dev said:
XD, i apologize for the far Offtopic,

but my vote falls on the discussion about the charger leaded by linuxftw :D

I apologize as well for helping to drive this topic off course. And my vote as well goes towards the charger discussion.

-God Ginrai

I also apologize. For some reason my brain went haywire for a few minutes. We're all excited. I hope everyone gets their pandora "soon"!

I don't care if there's no webcam streaming AS LONG as they post detailed updates everyday and answer what's going on with the rest of the cases.

Back