Still Plans For Webcam Feeds?

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
Tommorow production starts? very early in the morning? Really finally true?
im wondering if im able to see the process live through webcam feed?
If its possible - viewable on a iphone since i wont be able to touch a notebook/pc the first part of the day?

Thanks OP team.

+1 very interested in this :)
keep us posted anyone... will try and ask criagix as i doubt hes able to read this

ED mentioned that he still would like to setup a webcam, however it will be him who sets it up so that will be not this Wednesday but later when he arrives.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53362-have-we-got-a-tracking-number-for-the-cases/page__view__findpost__p__849949

EvilDragon said:
paddy said:
Thanks for the news Craig ,great to hear that the cases will be with you soon ,Question - are you gys really going to do a live webcam thing ? it sounds crazy to think you will but very cool at the same time ,will it be for just one day like first day of production.

Yes, I want to set up a live webcam. However, as I'm the one doing it, it won't go online before I'm there :)
I'll probably arrive 22nd or 23rd of May to join the fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to disappoint, but it seems that there won't be a feed on day one. This is from another thread;

EvilDragon said:
paddy said:
Thanks for the news Craig ,great to hear that the cases will be with you soon ,Question - are you gys really going to do a live webcam thing ? it sounds crazy to think you will but very cool at the same time ,will it be for just one day like first day of production.

Yes, I want to set up a live webcam. However, as I'm the one doing it, it won't go online before I'm there :)
I'll probably arrive 22nd or 23rd of May to join the fun :D

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bosbeetle. :ph34r:

Certainly is. Congrats to the team.
grin.gif

I am aware that ED was the one who wanted to setup the stream. I have never done such a thing, however, isn't it easy nowadays that EVEN ( :) ) Craig can do it? What about a "simple" MSN-conference (assuming Craig uses Windows). I would even boot into Windows for that :)

well thats not too bad. wait for the 22nd when Ed arrives :) does anyone know who the other production line ppl are yet?
ive heard good stuff from justintv so maybe thats a solution

can't wait the anticipation is killing me :D

There's going to be an all-round silence on gp32x.de when ED and MWeston arrive, if they're using the same computer as Craig. Let's hope they flood the twitter feed with good updates, say how many produced that day :)

ED will be in England on Monday (24th), not before:

EvilDragon on german boards said:
So, jetzt ists fix: Ich bin ab Montag in england.
Alle anderen Flüge hätten über 100 Euro mehr gekostet... aber die anderen werkeln schon vorher dran :)

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=123432#p123432

EvilDragon translated said:
So, now it's fixed: I will be in England starting on Monday.
All other flights would have cost more than 100€ Euro more... but the others will work on it before that :)

wrath of khan said:
Webcam idea would be good.strange but good.would be nice on the first day but.....
But?
It would be big brother, make sure their working their asses off all day everyday until there all done(or at least until they've made yours) :lol:

can you imagine the bitch fest that some of the armchair engineers around here would start about the littlest things that they didn't like about how things were being assembled? Maybe a webcam is not such a good idea? :unsure:

MonkeyChops said:
can you imagine the bitch fest that some of the armchair engineers around here would start about the littlest things that they didn't like about how things were being assembled? Maybe a webcam is not such a good idea? :unsure:

Why isnt the long haired dragon wearing a hairnet!

There should also be a sign that's updated every couple of minutes saying total produced. (be nice to know on a daily basis)
And a clock in and off machine so we can keep track of when they start and finish also. :lol:

@MonkeyChops: I don't know, it wont stop them asking how it's done and having an opinion if it's being done right, so may not make much of a difference. ;)

MonkeyChops said:

Agreed. Enough people bitched about what they saw in Craig's vid of the assembly location itself. No, a live feed is a bad idea. The stress factor would be insane.

Shit, soon as someone stops for a coffee, sandwich, or just takes a breather... oh will the bitching commence. "Get back to work", "I didn't preorder so you could sit on your ass", etc. This is why a unit counter is a bad idea... Never mind (like you said) all the armchair engineers. They have enough stress as it is, and are a driven to make it work far more than anyone else.

I think someone taking a couple photos every once in a while, or a short video here or there, should be enough IMO.

On a side note. Do we have confirmation MWeston will arrive on Wednesday? With the Volcano acting up again, I wasn't sure if that arrival date was set in stone.

Normally Michael was going to arrive at 04:30 of Wednesday... this means that he should be already getting prepared to be in the airport, if not there already.... Is he arriving to Heathrow? Just checked the website, no big disruptions there... Now that I think about it, with the time of arrival we should be able to track the fight and see its schedule...

Back